Panasonic Smart Mobility Office – Product Designer
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Smart Mobility Office (SMO) within Panasonic acts as an incubation engine to capture new opportunities and become a gamechanger in the rapidly transforming transportation industry. The Cirrus team, within SMO, is creating disruptive technologies to advance vehicle-to-everything (V2X) technology that transforms each vehicle into a true IoT device and leverages this data to revolutionize traffic management and safety on our roadways.As a Product Designer, you will work closely with the Product Design team to discover new solutions to real-world problems in the safety andmobility space! Activities will include working on new visual interface components, interaction workflows, and general user-centered problem solving.
Cirrus by Panasonic is building a next-generation connected vehicle platform, and your work will contribute to the success of it!
You are a flexible team player who is proficient at solving real-world problems using design thinking principles and user-centered designmethodologies to create simple, elegant solutions. You have proven knowledge and experience in uncovering key user pain points and needs, facilitating cross-functional ideation sessions, and transforming those outcomes into innovative, value-driven product concepts and workflows. You’re very comfortable using tools such as Axure, Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Miro, Omnigraffle, or trusty pencil and paper to convey and iterate on proposed solutions. You love thinking about problems from a users’ point of view, while also keeping the business and product in mind. You’re able to support creative projects with guidance and support from senior team members to unlock the value of design thinking. You are eager to learn and care deeply about using design to solve business problems, and have fun doing it!
- Create simple, elegant solutions and rationale based on UX analysis conducted that represents both user needs and product/business goals. Product experience is developed through ideation facilitation, wires, interaction workflows, business logic definition, and visual comps
- Discover and analyze user needs and product/business value through UX methods and activities such as user interviews, mental models, card sorting, user journeys, gap analysis, and other UX-centric methods
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product management, researchers, data scientists, and fellow designers to take products from concept to launch
- Properly leverage and contribute to our growing design system
- Inspire new ways of thinking and exploring the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems
What You’ll Bring:
Basic QualificationsEducation & Experience:
- BS degree preferred or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of proven experience in end-to-end digital product design, preferably is creating SaaS applications
- Understanding of design-thinking best-practices, user-centered design methodologies and how/when to best apply them
- Solid UX skills, with the ability to iterate through conceptual ideas and effectively communicate conceptualizations using sketches, storyboards, wireframes, user flows, mental models, and data visualizations
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights. Are able to take those insights and define desired customer outcomes
- Facilitation of effective decision-making workshops with clients and your product team peers
- Influencing clients and your teammates with clear design rationale and positively impacting the end-user/product experience
- General knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML/CSS/JS
- Great eye for design aesthetic and pixel-perfect attention-to-detail
- Demonstrated ability in creating robust, interactive prototypes (low or high-fidelity)
- Deep knowledge of UX research methodologies
- Motivated and hard worker with a desire to support solutions to complex business problems
- Ability to effectively drive product and user-focused initiatives forward, while balancing cross-functional inputs and dependencies
- Hands-on creative and systems thinker with strong UX/UI/IA design expertise
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and identify existing or potential problems
- Good at presenting your work; proficient in communicating design intentions and the gravity around ideas
- Knowledge of wider industry UX trends and relevant technology trends
- Insatiable curiosity and lifelong learner
- A true team player – flexible about your role and ready to do what it takes to get things done
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package - The pay for this position is expected to start at $85,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 10% based on individual and company performance.
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.