Panasonic – Product Counsel
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you’ll get to do:
As a founding member of our legal team, you will work closely with YO Labs’s product, technology, and business operations team to deliver innovative, AI-enabled software and hardware solutions to advance human wellness and reduce cognitive load.
- Provide solution-oriented legal advice to engineering, research, product, and business development teams from initial stages of product development through launch and commercialization.
- Provide legal direction, training, and risk mitigation strategies on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to the development and commercialization of health and wellness technologies, including software and hardware solutions.
- Drive development of internal processes to scale effectively with the business.
- Stay current and keep business apprised on laws, regulations, and policy trends relevant to consumer software services, IoT, data protection and privacy, advertising and marketing, and consumer protection.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- D. degree or equivalent from accredited institution
- Admission to practice law in a U.S. state (California preferred) and in good standing
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience in law firms, government, and/or in-house departments. Substantial in-house experience is a plus.
- Experience with counseling innovative products, especially consumer software services and IoT hardware devices. Experience with AI/machine learning technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations governing consumer protection, data protection and privacy, advertising and marketing, as well as healthcare and wellness.
- Superior communication and analytical skills
- Team-oriented attitude and willingness to build relationships with business partners, customers, and management, as well as pitch in where necessary
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams, and owning and driving projects from beginning to end.
- Familiarity with Japanese culture and language is a plus.
- A sense of adventure and willingness to stay nimble and learn new things.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.