About Yo Labs:
Technology has changed daily life in a way no one could have imagined. It’s made us more productive, capable and connected. But it has come at a cost. We’re productive, but overwhelmed. Capable but paralyzed by too many choices. Connected, but only if social media counts. Living this
way creates a void in our daily lives. Yo Labs is here to change that. Our team is committed to alleviating the mental load that our modern world has created by putting human connection back into technology and caretaking at the heart of everything we create.
As a founding member of our legal team, you will work closely with Yo Labs’s product, technology, and business operations team to deliver innovative, AI-enabled software and hardware solutions to advance human wellness and reduce cognitive load.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Provide solution-oriented legal advice to engineering, research, product, and business development teams from initial stages of product development through launch and commercialization.
- Provide legal direction, training, and risk mitigation strategies on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to the development and commercialization of health and wellness technologies, including software and hardware solutions.
- Drive development of internal processes to scale effectively with the business.
- Stay current and keep business apprised on laws, regulations, and policy trends relevant to consumer software services, IoT, data protection and privacy, advertising and marketing, and consumer protection.
What You’ll Bring:
- JD degree or equivalent from accredited institution
- Admission to practice law in a U.S. state (California preferred) and in good standing
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience in law firms, government, and/or in-house departments. Substantial in-house experience is a plus.
- Experience with counseling innovative products, especially consumer software services and IoT hardware devices. Experience with AI/machine learning technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations governing consumer protection, data protection and privacy, advertising and marketing, as well as healthcare and wellness.
- Superior communication and analytical skills
- Team-oriented attitude and willingness to build relationships with business partners, customers, and management, as well as pitch in where necessary
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams, and owning and driving projects from beginning to end.
- Familiarity with Japanese culture and language is a plus.
- A sense of adventure and willingness to stay nimble and learn new things.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA
- 401k with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events