Panasonic – Procurement Planning Agent
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Assist the overall activities within the procurement planning area, which includes Procurement
- Planning, CSR, and Human Resource development, toward the identified financial, quantity, and quality goals of the Company. Assist with budget control under the direction of management.
- Manages related activities and projects under the guidance of management.
- Responsible for the development of and maintenance of statistical data under the guidance of management.
- Reviews plans or schedules to ascertain the start and completion of activities.
- Manages the activity process in conjunction with activities of internal and external organizations.
- Responds to inquiries from external organizations to resolve applicable problems and prevent issues.
- Creates and/or edits procedures and/or working instructions under the guidance of management.
- May revise or coordinate the revision of standard operational and working practices to ensure compliance with general standards.
- Provides support for quality activities as appropriate.
- Periodically review for assuring that the area(s) of responsibility meet the objectives of the business plan.
- Informs management of progress and problems in area of responsibility.
- Provides support for business proposal activity related to area of responsibility.
- Provides direction for the training and development of procurement members under the guidance of management.
- Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations under the guidance of management.
- Prepares individual reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information when the job requires.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- this candidate needs to be located in Torrance, CA area.
What You’ll Bring:
- Four-year college degree in business, supply chain management or a related field and one (1) full year related purchasing/supply chain experience or a minimum of three (3) years related purchasing/supply chain experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some demonstrated leadership ability preferred.
- Ability to perform accountabilities in a competent, professional and customer-oriented manner.
- Ability to demonstrate ability to work in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under stress.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to use methods appropriate to the position and assignment to solve problems and achieve accurate results.
- Must have the ability to remain organized and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient in computer applications such as Excel and Power Point, ability to Access is plus.
- Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position.
- Must have ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate related data.
- Must have the ability to develop solutions for moderate to complex problems.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision displaying strong self-motivation.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong customer service skills in English and Japanese.
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly as needed including strong presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis, to include customers or members of external organizations and internal employees.
- Ability to build good interpersonal relationship as it pertains to the responsibilities of the position.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.