Panasonic – Procurement Intern (Summer 2020)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Procurement Intern will assist the PNA Procurement team with special projects related to PNA’s procurement transformation. This may include spend analysis, market intelligence, RFP/RFI support, bid analysis, departmental reporting, etc. The intern will develop an understanding of leading edge procurement practices receiving hands-on training in a fast paced team oriented environment.
- Conduct analysis in Excel, Power BI, or sequel querying tools to support procurement activities including spend analytics, savings analysis, bid analysis, etc.
- Provide RFP support including: Marketing Intelligence gathering, managing the planning and launch of RFx events, providing internal and external user support during RFx process, including coordinating NDAs, supplier training and responses to supplier questions.
- RFP support and bid analysis; analyze complex bidding and award scenarios leveraging multi bid analysis model to facilitate fact based supplier selection
- Process mapping and SOP documentation
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree or MBA in relevant field (e.g., Supply Chain, Finance, Economics or STEM)
- Expert level analytics, financial and Excel skills
- Ability to use Visio or other software mapping tool highly desired
- Highly motivated, flexible, proactive with a continuous improvement mentality
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, goal oriented, dynamic organization with time sensitive deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (Window, MS Office, etc.)
- Commitment to a team environment
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- PNA Procurement Management Team and external providers
- 35 Hours/week; must be on-site in Newark office
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.