Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
This position will be responsible for the planning and procurement of materials and services. Reviews demand for accuracy, assures purchase orders reflect demand needs, create quote packages for suppliers, reviews supplier proposals, selects qualified sources, prepares purchase orders, and may provide guidance to less experienced procurement agents. Develop and maintain all master data related to planning for assigned procurement accounts. Serves as a focal point between organizations and suppliers to communicate, clarify, and resolve procurement and planning problems and issues.
Procurement Sourcing, Demand Planning, Negotiating, Evaluation and Analysis Activities
- Commit the company by planning and initiating purchase orders, demand changes, and other planning and procurement actions to support demand for materials within authorized limits.
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure MRP driven changes and request dates fully support the manufacturing build and customer delivery schedule.
- Improve supplier performance by monitoring cost, quality, and schedule compliance; initiating and implementing appropriate action to resolve problems; and mediating conflicts with internal customers and suppliers.
- Timely responses to inquiries for AOG, Expedite and urgent requests from internal customers that support Customer Delivery needs.
- Ensure continuity of the supply chain for uninterrupted flow of materials and services.
- Keep inventory investment to a minimum
- Ensure sufficient capacity by using capacity requirements planning and aligning
- Forecast requirements with suppliers capabilities to allow for flex in capacity to support demand
- Continuous monitoring of planned orders, purchase orders, demand fluctuation and associated material requirements to meet the company’s customer commitments.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of procurement and planning basics, ethical business conduct, legal principles, and protection of PAC, supplier, and Customer proprietary data by complying with company policies, procedures, and accepted business practices.
- Maintain integrity of procurement packages by reviewing, determining, and incorporating appropriate flow down requirements from Supplier and Corporate quality as well as special notes and instructions for manufacturing and procuring to the correct released configurations.
- Perform related duties and activities as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the organization.
- Contribute to the organization’s overall effectiveness by managing the total procurement and planning efforts for assigned work scope, including such tasks as 30 demand review, forecasting review and analysis, fact finding, price and cost analysis, source selection, negotiations, and bidder briefings and debriefings.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to take a leadership role in the management of suppliers. Activities include but are not limited to management of daily activities, supplier performance (cost, quality and schedule), and pricing negotiations.
- Understand planning parameters such as safety stock, lead times, lot sizes, configuration management, sourcing rules, demand time fence, etc.
- Understand the methods and techniques involved in lean manufacturing and Just-in-Time (JIT) management.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential to this position. Regular internal contacts will include various different departments including but not limited to Engineering, Quality, Program Management, and Accounts Payable. Acts as the primary interface contact for suppliers.
- Ability to comfortably work with various levels of management.
- Understand and implement departmental inventory management strategies and objectives
- High level of complex problem solving is required.
- Ability to develop solid working relationships with supply base and internal customers.
- Strong customer service skills to meet expectations of external and internal suppliers through creative problem solving techniques.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite of software applications.
- Proficient understanding of MRP or ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Bonn).
- Works on highly complex and diverse problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Prefer a 4-year college degree or equivalent experience in Purchasing, Planning and/or business fields.
- 10 years Purchasing, Planning and/or Supply Chain experience
- International and domestic travel required, up to 20%.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.