Panasonic Avionics is the market leader in the world of In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC), offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver industry leading in-flight entertainment through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
Our success is built upon our cutting-edge technology and outstanding customer service, driven by our corporate heritage and as we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking a talented Procurement Agent/Planner II to join our team in Langley.
Responsible for the planning and procurement of materials and services. Reviews demand for accuracy, assures purchase orders reflect demand needs, create quote packages for suppliers, reviews supplier proposals, selects qualified sources, prepares purchase orders, and may provide guidance to less experienced procurement agents. Develop and maintain all master data related to planning for assigned procurement accounts. Serves as a focal point between organizations and suppliers to communicate, clarify, and resolve procurement and planning problems and issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Procurement Sourcing, Demand Planning, Negotiating, Evaluation and Analysis Activities
- Commit the company by planning and initiating purchase orders, demand changes, and other planning and procurement actions to support demand for materials within authorized limits.
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure MRP driven changes and request dates fully support the manufacturing build and customer delivery schedule.
- Improve supplier performance by monitoring cost, quality, and schedule compliance; initiating and implementing appropriate action to resolve problems; and mediating conflicts with internal customers and suppliers.
- Timely responses to inquiries for AOG, Expedite and urgent requests from internal customers that support Customer Delivery needs.
- Ensure continuity of the supply chain for uninterrupted flow of materials and services.
- Keep inventory investment to a minimum
- Ensure sufficient capacity by using capacity requirements planning and aligning Forecast requirements with suppliers capabilities to allow for flex in capacity to support demand
- Continuous monitoring of planned orders, purchase orders, demand fluctuation and associated material requirements to meet the company’s customer commitments.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of procurement and planning basics, ethical business conduct, legal principles, and protection of PAC, supplier, and Customer proprietary data by complying with company policies, procedures, and accepted business practices.
- Maintain integrity of procurement packages by reviewing, determining, and incorporating appropriate flow down requirements from Supplier and Corporate quality as well as special notes and instructions for manufacturing and procuring to the correct released configurations.
- Perform related duties and activities as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the organization.
- Contribute to the organization’s overall effectiveness by managing the total procurement and planning efforts for assigned work scope, including such tasks as demand review, forecasting review and analysis, fact finding, price and cost analysis, source selection, negotiations, and bidder briefings and debriefings.
- Ability to take a leadership role in the management of suppliers. Activities include but are not limited to management of daily activities, supplier performance (cost, quality and schedule), and pricing negotiations.
- Understand planning parameters such as safety stock, lead times, lot sizes, configuration management, sourcing rules, demand time fence, etc.
- Understand the methods and techniques involved in lean manufacturing and Just-in-Time (JIT) management.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential to this position. Regular internal contacts will include various different departments including but not limited to Engineering, Quality, Program Management, and Accounts Payable. Acts as the primary interface contact for suppliers.
- Ability to comfortably work with various levels of management.
- Understand and implement departmental inventory management strategies and objectives
- High level of complex problem solving is required.
- Ability to develop solid working relationships with supply base and internal customers.
- Strong customer service skills to meet expectations of external and internal suppliers through creative problem solving techniques.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite of software applications.
- Proficient understanding of MRP or ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Bonn).
- Works on problems with complex and diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Prefer a 4-year college degree or equivalent experience in Purchasing, Planning and/or business fields.
- 5 years Purchasing, Planning and/or Supply Chain experience.