The Process Improvement Specialist will be responsible for leading small to medium process improvement projects across the organization. They will be responsible for facilitating the development and implementation of new and improved processes, organizational structures, systems, etc. while maintaining Hussman standards for quality, reliability, and behaviors. This individual will also play a key role in the continued development of our formal Process and Margin Improvement (PMI) process.
This individual will own all phases of each project including problem definition, business case (ROI), solution development, implementation, and tracking of project results. They will be expected to clarify project scope, identify a project team, set KPI and margin improvement objectives, perform root cause analysis, lead the team in the development of solutions, and implement the solutions to achieve projected margin and KPI improvements.
- Lead small to medium scale process improvement projects from start to finish including clarifying project scope, identifying a cross-functional project team, setting KPI and margin improvement objectives, performing root cause analyses, facilitating the development of solution items, and leading solution implementation. Ensure projects are completed on time, and meet cost and margin improvement targets.
- Lead agile initiatives and projects such as NPI process improvement, product development, agile process development, customer experience program deployment, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement of the Process & Margin Improvement (PMI) Procedure. Establish procedural steps, identify best practices, develop formal documentation and deliverables, and standardize project ROI calcuation.
- Responsible for the collection and evaluation of improvement opportunities through the idea pipeline and other sources. Work with idea submittors to estimate and score potential costs and benefits of project ideas. Partner with the steering committee to select projects for further development.
- Track project schedule, milestones, deliverables, and resources in Clarity. Present project updates and acquire steering committee and resource owner approval for all project milestones and project phases. Manage expectations by identifying and communicating risks and barriers associated with project.
- Assist EPE tasks as needed – SOP development and documentation, ECN review, document management, etc.
Degree in engineering, business, or management with 3-5 years of experience.
Technical/Functional Knowledge – Self-motivated, ability to lead cross-functional teams, solution-oriented, ability to identify and drive metrics and KPI improvements, organized and detail-oriented, strong presentation and reporting skills. PMI certification or Lean/Six Sigma certification a plus.