Process Improvement Maintenance Supervisor (Electrode)
In this role, the individual will supervise a team of technicians that focus on the reduction of quality defects in the manufacturing process. This role supervises employees in the manufacturing areas. Will lead manufacturing activities and workforce to accomplish cost, schedule and quality objectives for the production manufacturing areas. Will provide direction of daily operations, develop work assignments, assesses performance to meet program's Quality, Schedule and Cost initiatives. Assign daily tasks and manage execution. Responsible for compliance with prescribed manufacturing policies and procedures. Performs administrative tasks such as maintenance, distribution and recording of daily overtime and attendance. Proactively drives continuous improvement and development of technical competencies, talent, and performance. Provides a safe work environment and takes timely corrective action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Lead, supervise, and direct QIP members to ensure starts and transfers are consistently achieved.
- Hire, train, develop, engage as well as motivate and drive accountability of the Direct Labor (DL) workforce while driving continuous improvement (mistake proofing, lean manufacturing strategies, FTQ), positive and safe working environment, and operational excellence (quality, cost and delivery).
- Ensure employees are adequately trained and certified to perform their jobs in a Safety 1st work environment.
- Maintain high degree of manufacturing floor presence to enable good understanding of both manufacturing and staffing issues and process bottlenecks.
- Understand basic machine function of all machines in your area. Understand first troubleshooting methods and common machine interactions from a Quality perspective.
- Be able to complete basic data analysis to determine root cause of high defect events. Also be able to interpret and share result.
- Regularly monitor automatic data and re-prioritize maintenance work.
- Actively supervise multiple shifts, promoting a positive environment that ensures teamwork and accountability within the manufacturing area
- Perform semi-annual performance reviews, monthly one on ones, pay adjustments, and Career Development Plans for direct reports.
- Lead regular informational and improvement team meetings.
- Monitor compliance to safety rules, including ergonomics and compliance to 6S, Visual Management and other housekeeping standards.
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective communication channels for production measurements and general business communication.
- Ensure and model uncompromising integrity at all times by behaving ethically in all situations and reports or challenges unethical behavior of others.
- Enhance and influence support of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Review and approve timekeeping system entries and vacation requests.
- Recognize and reward teams and/or individuals consistent with Panasonic’s reward & recognition guidelines.
- Ensure Medtronic policies, practices, standards and programs are consistently followed.
- Provide clear and crisp communication of all manufacturing issues and help needed to management and support functions.
- Collaborate and partner with other shift supervisors to ensure consistency of manufacturing practices across shifts and value streams.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years in a Supervisor role OR an Associate’s Degree with 3-5 years in a Supervisor role. Technical degrees preferred.
- Previous experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment (1-3 years minimum)
- Battery, electrical component, chemical manufacturing, medical/ pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus. Experience with Lean and 5S systems extremely beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with employees in all levels in a professional, engaging, professional and constructive manner.
- Good organizational and visual management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically (written and verbal).
- Personal computer skills in a variety of software programs such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio, inventory management system, and MES (manufacturing execution systems) that support the manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizational changes through data driven decisions.
- Experience in a regulated environment (e.g. FDA or medical device)
- Lean, Six Sigma and Just-In-Time manufacturing experience such as Lean Sigma Green Belt certification or higher
- ISO 9000 experience
- Understands Statistical Process Control
- Experience with preventative maintenance
- Experience using precision measuring tools
- Demonstrated ability to transform a workflow to a fully mature, efficient and lean operation.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.