The Process Improvement Engineer will be a critical team member in the implementation and adaption to an improved Continuous Improvement Culture. The ideal candidate must be able to coach and mentor the operations team effectively and respectfully along with building relationships outside the plant for growth and development. They will manage a maintenance team onsite with collaboration with our Maintenance Manager based out of Florida.
- Lead in continuous improvement efforts in products/processes to support plant objectives of safety, cost, quality, and service.
- Manage local maintenance team to improve Reactive work orders and PM compliance
- Review existing and proposed product designs for ease of manufacturability and make recommendations that will enhance the quality and reproducibility of the product. Participate in design reviews.
- Lead and participate in project team activities involving process improvements, value analysis, design reviews, product transfer and startup, and new product introduction.
- Support production floor in the review and analysis of manufacturing procedures, make recommendations for manufacturing methods and coordinate projects which will result in economical manufacturing costs and/or enhanced quality. Maintain project objectives and financial documentation.
- Perform duties that utilize up-to-date tools and techniques in the areas of predetermined time standards, line balancing, simulation modeling, cost estimation, manpower planning, productivity, KANBAN and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate programs based on long range activity forecasts including analysis, justification and recommendations for facilities, equipment and/or manpower requirements.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge in advanced manufacturing technology in the areas of plant productivity and product manufacturability.