Lead in continuous improvement efforts in products/processes to support plant objectives of safety, cost, quality, and service. This person will manage the maintenance department.
- Review existing and proposed product designs for ease of manufacturability and make recommendations that will enhance the quality and reproducibility of the product. Participate in design reviews.
- Lead and participate in project team activities involving process improvements, value analysis, design reviews, product transfer and startup, and new product introduction.
- Support production floor in the review and analysis of manufacturing procedures, make recommendations for manufacturing methods and coordinate projects which will result in economical manufacturing costs and/or enhanced quality. Maintain project objectives and financial documentation.
- Perform duties that utilize up-to-date tools and techniques in the areas of predetermined time standards, line balancing, simulation modeling, cost estimation, manpower planning, productivity, KANBAN and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate programs based on long range activity forecasts including analysis, justification and recommendations for facilities, equipment and/or manpower requirements.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge in advanced manufacturing technology in the areas of plant productivity and product manufacturability.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience