For more information on what's happening locally at Panasonic, visit and like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PanasonicSolar/
Panasonic Corporation is working to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) modules and cells for solar panels at the Riverbend factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role is to manufacture and supply our SHJ (Silicon Heterojunction) PV cells and modules that feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics, which result in more power than similarly rated solar products.
Panasonic’s unique technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business positions us as an industry leader, and we are focused on expanding our solar footprint in North America and beyond.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration and grow with it as operations continue to expand.
The most successful employees at PSNA are results driven and able to continuously adapt to an ever-changing startup environment. They report to work on time and never settle for anything less than the best. They work well in a team environment but also have the drive to succeed when they are on their own. A strong focus on fairness and honesty with a humble attitude are what defines our top performers. Is that you?
Currently, PSNA has an immediate opening available for a Cell Production Process Engineer.
What You'll Get to Do:
Achieve and sustain the production department’s KPI’s on a daily or monthly basis.
- The department’s KPI’s are as follows:
- Production plan achievement rate (On-time delivery)
- Productivity (Output per head)
- Production yield
- Production loss (Failure cost)
- Production cost (Direct/Indirect labor, Depreciation, Indirect material, Power, Maintenance & Repair...)
- Inventory amount and Inventory difference
- If problems occur in the process, work with the technical department and the quality department to resolve it
- Check monthly and daily production plans and actual progress, improve if there is a divergence
- Monitor the progress of production and improve if there are problems
- Understand inventory of production materials and conduct reduction activities
- Improve productivity, quality loss, production cost and reduce divergence between plan and actual results
- Promote and maintain safety and health in your department
- Perform monthly inventory (fixed assets, supplementary materials, stored goods, main material) and improve if there is a difference
- Daily confirmation of facility operation status (occupancy rate)
- Assist with technician team on equipment issues (equipment parts management, troubleshooting)
- If the equipment is not safe, take action
- Assist in training of Operators and Technicians as production scales to full volume
- Understand the latest information on product specifications, engineering technology, production process
- Any other related task assigned to you from time to time by your superior
- Comply with Environmental Policy, Quality Policy, Safety Policy or other policy, which are enforced by the Company
- Responsible for KPI performance
- Provide functional direction to team members
- Report to the Manager, Engineering
- Support employees
What You'll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Engineering degree is required, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical preferred
- Experience trouble shooting manufacturing equipment is desirable
- Solar or Microelectronic experience preferred, but not required
- Optimize condition of equipment
- PLC programming, preferred
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Collaboration with domestic and overseas teams
- Machine maintenance
- Human resources development
- Strong awareness for safety
- PC operation
- Have knowledge of vacuum equipment
- Have knowledge of chemical solution
- PLC control capability
- Explain things logically
- Skills to interpersonal relationships such as wording, writing, analysis
- Ability to respond to inquiries from superiors and employees
- Employee lifting up to 25 pounds, transporting work
- Handles general chemicals and gases used in solar cell manufacturing
- Sometimes work in a clean room
- The noise level of working environment is usually moderate
- Sometimes perform activities outside the factory (international / domestic)
- Day shift
Clean Room Environment: Candidates must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
This position will require exposure to strong magnets that will interfere with pacemaker/defibrillator function. For safety reasons, candidates with a pacemaker/defibrillator cannot be considered for this position.
What We Offer:
- Family-like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Solar North America (PSNA).