We have an opening for an innovative, Manufacturing Engineer II to join our manufacturing group in the Chino area. As a member of this group you will develop and drive the manufacturing capability of the plant and focus on continuous improvement to achieve world-class performance.
Our ideal candidate is with Industrial engineering background and applied knowledge about lean manufacturing method.
Role and Responsibilities
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be working with the department to evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of Lean, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
· Make recommendations and support the implementation of projects for line balance, workstation design, material flow, KANBAN design, Waste analysis and assembly sequence.
· Drafting process ideas to reduce costs and improve production rates. Developing standardized operating instructions for the upgrades process. Designing and testing process upgrades and new process systems. Ensuring processes comply with safety and quality standards. Developing detailed layouts for equipment, processes, and workflow.
· Participate in design review of existing and proposed product designs for ease of manufacture and improve assembly that will enhance the quality and producibility of the product.
· Contribute to multiple chartered project team activities involving VAVE, design reviews, product development, product transfer and startup, and NPI. Use VAVE techniques to reduce labor cost and increase value-added activity.
· Maintain a level of technical knowledge in manufacturing technology in the areas of plant productivity and product manufacturability through automation and capital investment research.
· Develop ideas to improve Material flow, Product flow and information flow across the plant to calibrate the financial impact of flow on the business.
· Conduct problem-solving processes utilizing “A3” tool to (fishbone, cause-effect, etc.) solve manufacturing problems.
· Provide guidance for engineers to understand current processes and discuss best practices to mentor them to achieve good results.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering. Master’s is preferred.
2-5 years experience
• Problem Solving & Analysis
• Lean Manufacturing implementation experience.
• Design Jigs knowledge and Experience.
• Computer skills (Proficiency in Microsoft Office.)
• Working with CAD and AutoCAD.
• Familiarity with state health and safety regulations.
• Strong organization and management skills.
• ERP Knowledge.
Passion. Perspective. Performance.
This set of driving characteristics is what sets Hussmann apart. It’s what enables us to create greater value for our customers and for the consumers they serve.
Passion: We’re passionate about food retailing and about helping retailers improve the lives of their consumers. Passion is what drives our constant curiosity and motivation to improve outcomes in our industry.
Perspective: For more than a century, Hussmann has maintained its focus on supporting food retailers through innovation and personalized service. We look at the larger issues in food retailing and their interdependencies: changing consumers, dynamic supply chains, evolving competition, emerging regulations, developing technologies, and more. We bring a distinctive perspective to the challenges and the opportunities for improvement. Perhaps most importantly, we apply that perspective to uniquely maximize the success of each of our customers.
Performance: As an experienced team of food and food retail experts, we are committed to delivering results that create superior value. That means understanding what is truly important and constantly measuring our progress toward meeting and exceeding world-class standards in those areas. We drive performance in all aspects of our business so we can enable excellence in yours.