Process Cleanliness Technician
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Inspecting cleanliness status of overall cell manufacturing process within mass production lines.
- Conducting observation on new and existing production lines to check the cleanliness situation of the whole manufacturing process.
- Collecting samples at fixed points within production lines every shift or as required frequency.
- Collecting data from the samples of fixed points by using certain analytical instruments in QC labs such as Keyence microscope, X-Ray, SEM, and FTIR etc.
- Implementing cleanliness condition improvement procedures to production lines for safety, quality, cost reduction, and productivity.
- Participating in daily cleanliness control activities at production lines.
- Enforcing cleanliness Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for production line operators to follow in cell production.
- Making feedback to production team with all cleanliness related information.
- Following principles and knowledge of safety and environment protection in production.
- Conducting investigations with production team to determine root cause of contamination issues.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree in a science or engineering discipline from a two-year college.
- 2+ years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience operating XRF analysis systems such as EA8000.
- Experience utilizing analytical instrumentation such as SEM, EDS, and FTIR.
- Familiarity with analytical chemistry and laboratory techniques.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Ability to read and interpret common engineering documents.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.