Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Responsible for analysis operations, as well as implementing and managing Quality Process Cleanliness process.
- Plan, prepare and supervise laboratory services relating to national standards and organization’s policies related to process cleanliness
- Perform and provide access to process cleanliness personnel for consultation and determine operational troubles in timely manner
- Establish, execute, review, and evaluate process cleanliness procedures and policies for operating functions of the process cleanliness equipment
- Perform analytic, pre and post analytic functions to attain departmental goals and ensure stable conformance by process cleanliness staff
- Head responsibility to maintain process cleanliness records, reports, and files
- Perform activities to fulfill report requirements and record retention
- Prepare, implement, and evaluate capital budgets and annual operating
- Analyze and suggest selected purchase equipment and monitor maintenance and service agreement(s)
- Manage group’s purchase of inventory, storage, and supplies usage.
- Manage and resolve administrative and technical problems.
- Establish and maintain laboratory documentation system.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise a quality team consisting of engineers, technicians, inspectors, and clerks.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these members.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems following the company's established policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field) from four-year College or University or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in laboratory analysis utilizing and managing instruments including EA-8000, SEM, DART, Jomesa, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment with products including batteries, electronic components, etc.
- S. in a technical discipline preferred.
- Familiarity with TS16949 automotive quality standards.
- Experience creating and maintaining an ISO Quality System.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.