- Troubleshoot and repair professional Video/broadcast products to the sub-assembly and component level
- Align/Calibrate and upgrade firmware for all customer repaired units for optimal performance before shipment
- Test/QC, clean, and help properly pack every unit prior to shipment
- Maintain service records in the current service database system on all repairs
- Create out of warranty repair estimates for customers
- Enter all customer, part, and problems descriptions and resolution information data for every unit
- Ensure all customer and product data is updated, complete, and relevant
- Assist customers with any technical inquiry’s related to the repair of the product, update on status of repairs and estimates for in/out of warrant repairs
- Communicate with customers to recognize, duplicate, and resolve all issues associated with repair
- Conduct repair of equipment at customer site as required
- Less than 5% travel may be needed. Will be reviewed annually.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Broadcast, AV/IT Engineering, Pro Video or Electronics Technology preferred. In lieu of degree, must have 3-5 years’ experience in Broadcast Equipment Repair
- Excellent knowledge of operation and maintenance of professional video camcorders, production cameras/CCU/ROP units, broadcast monitors, live video switchers, and pan/tilt camera systems
- Experience with camera systems configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance/calibration using test charts and equipment
- Practical usage of test equipment - multimeter, oscilloscope, waveform and vector scope monitor, color meter, test charts – grey scale, color bar, DSC and Chroma Du Monde chart, studio lights, etc.
- Strong understanding of video processing, color theory, color temperatures, color correction, white balance, video imager pixel concealment, camera shading, video resolutions and type of signals and video sync, Time Code, Frame Rates, IP networking/control, and IP steaming
- Excellent computer and video product user skills required
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Possess good organizational, decision-making, and logical troubleshooting skills
- Effective written & oral communication skills
- Ability to learn new applications and programs
- Must be able to lift and/or move broadcast equipment in cases with a weight of 20 to 70 lbs
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to accurately distinguish different color hues
The hourly range of $25.00-30.00hr is just one component of Panasonic's Total Package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual's knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.