Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.com
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
As a key member of our software development team, you will be instrumental in designing, developing, and maintaining high-performance software solutions for our cutting-edge in-flight entertainment and connectivity systems. The ideal candidate will possess expertise in C++, Java, and Go programming languages, as well as extensive experience in cloud computing, content management, and low-latency systems design. This role will serve as a strategic technical advisory leader, guiding and coaching our engineering team, while contributing to and responsible for the architectural vision of our systems.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of software components for our in-flight entertainment and connectivity systems, ensuring high performance and low latency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define system requirements, architect solutions, and drive technical initiatives.
- Mentor and coach members of the engineering team, providing guidance and support to foster their growth and development.
- Champion best practices in software engineering, including code quality, testing, and scalability.
- Design and implement content management and optimization solutions to enhance the passenger experience.
- Utilize cloud computing platforms and services to architect scalable and resilient systems.
- Collaborate with product management to prioritize features and enhancements based on customer feedback and business objectives.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends, evaluating their potential impact on our systems and recommending adoption where appropriate.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues as needed, ensuring the reliability and performance of our systems.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in software development, with expertise in C++, Java, and Go programming languages.
- Strong background in low-latency systems design and development, with a focus on performance optimization.
- Extensive experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Proficiency in content management systems and optimization techniques.
- Solid understanding of software version management tools such as Git or SVN.
- Experience with Edge systems and resource-constrained environments.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Proven track record of mentoring and coaching engineers to help them excel in their roles.
- Ability to design and architect complex systems, balancing performance, scalability, and reliability considerations.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation. #LI-WS1