The responsibilities for this position include but not limited to airplane systems design architecture, new technology evaluations, implementation of architecture best practices and topology development. Analyze, develop, administer and support the platform(s), OEMs requirements/constraints, industry standards. Other responsibilities include working with other platform architects on the integration of physical, logical/software and security needs as well as enterprise architects associated with the cloud, ground and space-based elements. Additional duties include performance analysis and customer support. Creating Requirements specifications, System Architecture documents, and System test documents.
- Independently develop and govern appropriate architecture solutions and enhancements for planned system deployments and improvements.
- Independently research and evaluate RF solutions for communications and monitoring of Satellite and related communications networks.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on RF and associated network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of system development efforts.
- Design functional platform architectures to support desired system solutions
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives for the company’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio
- Review new and existing system projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans
- Maintain a solid understanding of the industry’s standards, technology architectures, best practices, platforms, integration strategies, methodologies, design and modeling tools, development and deployment utilities, testing tools and trends
- Collaborate with enterprise architects and senior management to define business requirements for complex network development as well as gaining confidence and contributions for all network architecture plans
- Manage and define the prioritization of the architectural design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of system infrastructure, including end to end design and function.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities
- Conduct case studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions
- Participation in business continuation activities
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure products and services.
- Leverage experience to provide mentoring to other members of the technical team where necessary.
- Oversee and manage deployed system performance and in-service performance with the intent of recommending and guiding solutions to satisfy our customers.
- Continually and relentlessly pursue improvements for next and current deployments.
- Lead efforts to troubleshoot and analyse RF system issues.
- Provide support in establishing and maintaining the procedural maintenance and change management for architectures.
- Work with process teams to test and refine architecture configurations.
- Ensure change management procedures are adhered to.
- Participate as needed in architecture review boards.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Robust analytical skills and ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with the operation, troubleshooting and design of systems.
- Working knowledge of data protocols, architectures, industry and OEM standards.
- Experience documenting system architecture configurations, operational procedures, and manuals.
- Ability to work with customer and OEM community to understand business processes in order to determine systems architecture requirements.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or as a team member.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and the ability to interface effectively with a diverse user community.
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of system engineering, electrical engineering or computer science.
- Minimum of 15+ year’s RF engineering including network architecture experience.
- On-call availability.
- Focusing for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cabling in floors and ceilings.
- Ability to perform network and RF signal inspection and analysis.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as systems and peripherals.
- Domestic and international travel will be required (up to 10%).
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America. #LI-SR2