The Digital Services and Solutions team is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Product Manager who will help define requirements and drive the execution of Panasonic’s connectivity portal and platform to build world-class, innovative experiences and solutions for Panasonic Avionics customer.
You will need to understand customer requirements and be responsible for driving and synthesizing these into new product features and roadmaps. This position will create buy-in with both internal and external stakeholders and serve as a focal point within the organization regarding products, life cycle management, market, competition and strategy for a specific product line. You will create business requirements documents and work with development teams to scope, plan and build new features, tools and workflows.
A successful candidate will have a passion for building and simplifying technical solutions and the entrepreneurial grit to get things done.
- Position products to achieve business objectives
- Develop pricing guidelines for portal and ISP integration services, creating demand and achieving revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share goals
- Develop business cases and customer proposals for all new product opportunities
- Work with Sales / Commercial to develop accurate new product revenue forecasts
- Successfully champion product launches through requirements, development and commercialization
- Own the financial success of new products launched
- Understand and articulate customer needs, build associated business cases and prioritize product requirements; synthesize data from various sources to inform product decisions, alongside good intuition and prior experience
- Coordinate and synchronize product initiatives across different internal efforts by establishing shared vision and building consensus on common components
- Distill noise, clear bottlenecks and understand interdependencies to help define product priorities; collaborate cross-functionally on feature concepts
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units
- Explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Break down problems, document problem statements and estimate efforts
- Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work unit
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences — internal teams, external partners and PAC's senior leadership
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of industry leading telecom practices to include both Cellular and Wi-Fi
- Passion for connected solutions
- Familiarity with service related business models, pricing and provisioning
- Ability to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Agile methodology
- Familiarity with experience prototyping and other creative ways to gather direct feedback early in the product development process
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up product decisions
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back product decisions
- The ability to manage chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to influence others
- Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis; quantitative analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track revenue results.
- Proficient in new product development process, lifecycle management, VOC, and development of business plans for products and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in diverse team environment, including coordination, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
- Demonstrated customer-centric focus, keenly aware of markets, trends, competition
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or technical business management
- 10+ years of product management experience with a track record of building and launching successful products
- MS/MBA preferred
- Experience and a passion for ISP PaaS, SaaS, and IoT