Panasonic – Principal Digital ASIC Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Architect, design, and code RTL for algorithm development to perform required digital functionality.
- Verification to project requirements to ensure functionality is met.
- Synthesis, timing analysis, formal verification, and layout over design corners to achieve working silicon.
- Microcontroller builds and integration, firmware development and optimization for system needs.
- Emulation of design on FPGA platform to ensure hardware interfaces and functionality are tested.
- Lab testing of silicon (ASIC only and System on Chip), working in tandem with analog design and test teams.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Design of digital circuitry for sensor interface IC’s
- RTL design, verification, synthesis and place-and-route using standard methodologies
- Embedded system hardware design and verification
- Collaboration with mixed signal and test teams for design, verification, and test
- Test, characterize and analyze fabricated ASIC devices
- Provide concise, timely reports and program updates to management team
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- An advanced degree, MSEE or equivalent, is preferred; or BSEE degree with a minimum of 10 years proven experience taking digital integrated circuits from concept to mass production
- Understanding of advanced Digital CMOS processes for SOC embedded systems
- Familiar with C/C++ embedded programming of filter functions and algorithms.
- Experience with I2C, SPI, and JTAG interfaces desired
- Knowledge of the ARC or ARM processors and the AHB-lite and APB bus architectures a plus
- Strong verification methodology experience using System Verilog and / or UVM modeling with constrained random simulation.
- Experience with the latest design tools/suites - Cadence / Synopsys tools and programming languages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally organized and driven by results
- Candidate should be self-motivated and a great team player
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.