Panasonic – Policy Research Intern
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you’ll get to do:
As a Strategy and Policy Intern, you will work closely with the Head of Strategy to research and track policy that will help drive our business forward! Activities will include conducting policy research on VMT fees, road usage charging, and relevant topics; drafting briefs, talking points, reports and other materials in collaboration with internal policy and subject matter experts; attending (virtual) meetings, events, and legislative hearings; track daily news reports that are relevant, participating in internal meetings and attending external policy meetings to advance projects and positions.
- Conduct policy research, tracking database, and attend (virtual) roundtables and hearings
- Collaborate with the RUC team to develop policy positions and business strategy
- Consolidate and present findings to internal team stakeholders
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Proven interest in and understanding of transportation and technology policy
- Knowledge or experience in writing, editing, and policy research
- Effective organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work productively in a team environment as well as under minimal supervision, taking the initiative to ask questions as needed
- Enrolled in a graduate program in public policy, political science, economics, business, public affairs, or a related field
- Previous internship experience in transportation technology, policy research or at a think tank
- Motivated and hard worker with a desire to support solutions to complex business problems
- A true team player – flexible about your role and ready to do what it takes to get things done
- Insatiable curiosity and lifelong learner
- Building good written, presentation, verbal, and visual communication skills
- NOTE: Internship pay rates are $15/hr to $25/hr, based on the class level (Freshman – Senior) of the candidate and whether the candidate is in an undergrad or graduate school program
- NOTE: Interns must be currently enrolled in classes through the duration of the Summer 2021 program in order to be eligible to participate
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.