Plan, guide and direct the total operations of a manufacturing facility to achieve plant and division manufacturing objectives for growth, profitability, quality, on-time performance, inventory management, safety, lean manufacturing and customer satisfaction.
- Guide and direct plant quality functions in the establishment and implementation of procedures and controls that will assure conformance with customer requirements. Drive quality culture that adheres to ISO and Sarbox requirements.
- Improve profitability of Hussmann products through recommendations and management of facility & cost improvements as well as productivity enhancement initiatives. Foster an organization that builds quality products in an efficient & cost-effective manner. Leverage Operational Excellence tools and initiatives such as BSC, maturity roadmaps, Six Sigma, Lean, and etc.
- Lead and implement an overall manufacturing environment conducive to 5S, quality and cost improvements, multi-directional communications and buy-in on division objectives
- Facilitate and maintain positive employee relations. Drive communication within a diverse workforce to support a culture of employee involvement and empowerment.
- Develop and provide leadership to a team of highly effective staff managers to achieve continued profitability and operational improvements. Leverage performance metrics such as balanced scorecard, Annual Operating Plan and PMP to drive accountability to the appropriate levels of the organization.
- Direct plant operations in a safe, effective and environmentally responsible manner, ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations and guideline.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience,
- 10 years’ experience in manufacturing process, materials and production control, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, plant safety, environmental concerns, financial planning/controls and staff supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Prior experience with unionized operations is preferred.
- Must display excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must make effective presentations as well as share pertinent information in a timely manner. Must also display strong active listening skills and attention to the concerns of others.
- Lean manufacturing experience including problem solving skills
Since 1906, Hussmann has been helping retailers preserve and display fresh foods. Today, Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world. Hussmann serves a wide variety of customers involved in the global cold chain. These include supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and foodservice establishments.
Hussmann creates value for customers in the areas of merchandising, food safety, shelf live extension, sustainability and the life cycle value. Hussmann is focused on addressing the needs of its customers, providing solutions that provide superior value for their business.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.