Panasonic – Planner, Parts
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position is responsible for planning and executing the service supply chain functions for the assigned product lines in North America, to include service parts forecasting, order planning and order placement supporting break fix operations and life-cycle management operations. Sources include parts factories, finished goods supply chain and third-party suppliers. Parts planners are expected to maintain parts availability to meet customer expectations, business requirements and sound inventory management.
- Build and plan parts demand forecast for break fix and service operations
- Work with engineering, quality, supply chain, sales, product and factory teams to plan parts lifecycle
- Build, submit and track orders with factories and 3rd party vendors
- Coordinate with warehouses, depots and factories for parts and component arrival and issue resolution
- Analyze forecast accuracy and improve as needed
- Create reports based on ad hoc requests (management, field team, etc.)
- Create and present to management monthly analysis reports on forecasting, expectations and improvements
- Assist with maintaining database accuracy.
What You’ll Bring:
- Maintain inventory value up to $8 Million in parts and component inventory across North America
- Customer and partner SLA’s will be affected if there are any disruptions in supply. Possible consequences for a breached SLA include loss of sales, disruption in business operations and legal actions.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in supply chain or business-related field is preferred
- 1-2 years of experience or relevant internship experience required
- APICS CSCP Certification Preferred
- Strong working knowledge is required
- Microsoft Operating Systems and MS Office Applications - MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Word
- Analytical programs and scripting to produce reports for easier analysis.
- Ability to work in and learn multiple systems, both proprietary and off the shelf, for use in data collection and analytics
- Be a solid team player
- Have a strong analytical ability to perform root cause analysis, trend analysis and forecasting
- Communicate effectively using professional skills, clear writing skills, and good business judgment
- Ability to work with personnel at all management levels both inside and outside of the company
- Ability to provide written and oral presentations plus detailed reports as required by management
- Travel requirements: up to 20%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.