Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for placement and routing of extremely complex High-Density Interconnect technology Printed Circuit Boards from engineering schematic diagrams while observing good layout techniques and industry standards. Has specific project or product responsibility. Perform as Team Lead to junior PWB Designers.
The salary or hourly wage range of $38.95- $65.38 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to an individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
PCB Routing and Layout Techniques
- Provide leadership and/or technical direction to lower-level PWB Designers as Team Lead.
- Read, understand, and interpret electrical schematic diagrams and mechanical component specifications supplied by Hardware Engineering Group.
- Place PCB components per engineer's recommendations and industry standards.
- Route PCB including differential pairs, critical high-speed circuits and impedance-controlled nets per engineer's instructions and component specifications.
- Debug schematic diagrams and set-up Net Classes and Net Properties utilizing Mentor Design Capture and Expedition PCB design tools.
- Provide training/guidance to other PCB designers on the use of the PCB Design tool.
- Post process boards, find and correct design errors.
- Provide solutions and recommendations to Supervisor.
- Create a complete PCB documentation package including fabrication and assembly drawings, parts lists, and schematic diagrams utilizing good drafting techniques. (5%)
- Modify released documentation by generating DCNs and ADCNs per instructions from DCRs and other sources.
What we’re looking for:
- AA degree in Engineering.
- IPC CID+ certification.
- 10-15+ years' experience in a PCB Design/Engineering environment.
- Exceptional ability to communicate, in English, both in writing and verbally, with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, PCB designers and CAD librarians in order to fully explain and understand all of the issues and related problems that arise during the circuit board design process.
- Highly skilled design specialist contributing to the development of PCB design concepts and techniques.
- Ability to solve very complex HDI problems and issues that require independent action and a high degree of initiative.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to simultaneously handle multiple PCB designs.
- Formulate recommendations for new PCB design procedures.
- Ability to chair PCB design meetings and be able to suggest routing strategies and circuit enhancements on complex PCB designs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead other PCB designers to achieve positive results and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
- Adept with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Engineering field.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Work on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to develop technical approach or design, resource, allocation or time schedule on projects.
- Extensively modify existing process, procedures or methods to develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior internal or external personnel.
- Resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.