Panasonic – Payroll Rep
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
While ensuring a high level of customer service and satisfaction, this role is responsible for processing of day to day payroll. Partners with and supports internal users/management in issue resolution and the development of new processes. Responsible for ensuring all statutory and collective bargaining agreement compliance in electronic timekeeping and payroll programs. Oversees liens, garnishments, 401(k), transit, and other deductions. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of working in a highly collaborative environment with the ability to deliver industry best practices, high quality standard operating procedures, and monitoring controls.
- Input data and process payroll for U.S. and Canada employee population for weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly, and bonus pay cycles
- Reconcile and transmit data, ensuring employees (Exempt and Non-Exempt) are paid timely and accurately
- Prepare and distribute payroll reports and provide analysis on output, as needed
- Process adjustments and off-cycle payments as per customer requests, audits, and termination obligations
- Maintain payroll records according to retention policies, Federal and state regulations, and legal obligations
- Responsible for end-to-end garnishment compliance, unemployment claims, and disability filings of U.S. population
- Responsible for taking on the payroll process of new business unites or acquired companies
- Support the HR Service Center ensuring employee inquiries are resolved accurately, timely and in a professional manner, as per the established HR Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Communicate payroll policies and procedures to employees and management as requested
- Liaison for government agencies and third party vendors with respect to garnishments, unemployment earnings information, and state disability insurance claims
- Responsible for supporting Payroll Department in special projects, as deemed necessary
- Test payroll functionality due to system updates, creation and/or streamlining of new department processes
- Assist team members with updating policies and procedures with business growth and technological advancement
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Business or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years within the payroll discipline, with processing and time tracking experience
- Workday payroll and Time Tracking preferred (not required)
- Knowledge and ability to use independent judgment in regards to Payroll laws and regulations (FLSA, tax compliance, etc.)
- Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize multiple projects
- Organized, analytical, and detail oriented
- High level of customer service
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information is essential
- Strong PC computer skills, including experience with Excel (Intermediate to Advanced level, must be proficient in lookup functions and pivot tables), Word and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- No travel required
- Availability to work overtime as necessary to ensure timeliness of payroll processing
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.