We are looking for a Payroll Coordinator to manage all payroll activities and ensure the timely and accurate payment of employee wages. The Payroll Coordinator will ensure the collection of all necessary information and documents, compute wages, and investigate and resolve any payroll issues or discrepancies.
To be successful as a Payroll Coordinator you should be able to efficiently coordinate payroll tasks and strictly follow company policies and legal regulations. An outstanding Payroll Coordinator should also possess strong people skills.
Role and Responsibilities
1. Process weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly payroll with efficiency and accuracy to ensure employees are paid correctly and timely.
2. Process Employee changes in HRMS (Workday) systems. Such as salary and department transfer. Ensure proper documentation of those transactions is recorded.
3. Help administer HR policies, procedures and strategies that balance the needs of the business objectives and employees.
4. Improve daily activities through process improvement to improve HR capabilities and efficiency. Ensure accurate reporting of key HR metrics to HR and Leadership.
5. Maintain payroll records and I-9 forms.
6. Interact with employees and provide support with all payroll related questions.
7. Familiarize and become knowledgeable to assist in workers compensation, FMLA leave and Pension application.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School/Equivalent, Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
3-5 years of payroll experience; union environment a plus.
- Strong communication, organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new procedures.
- Workday Time and Attendance
- Willingness to implement change.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to handle HR functions independently.