Panasonic – Payment Platform Lead
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Payment Platform Lead will work in a small team of backend service engineers to build new services as well as a data platform from the ground-up. You are expected to be a hands-on lead developer who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance and scalable software. Candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise to innovate and solve the challenges of a scalable payment service that will process millions of transactions worldwide and across various payment methods. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get involved from the ground up and set the strategic direction of our payment platform.
- Build highly available, robust, global and scalable payment platform
- Plan software releases and release schedules
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain production-level services in the cloud
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, PM and UX teams
- Evaluate and incorporate new cloud services as and when appropriate
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent work experience
- 10+ years’ experience in software development and payment platform.
- Experience in building scalable distributed systems with service-oriented architectures
- Proficiency in one modern programming language, e.g. Java, Scala, C++
- Evidence of architectural or design influence on backend services
- Track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Payment Industry experience
- Demonstrated strong technical judgement
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.