Performs various functions related to handling and tracking of empty packaging (totes). First point of contact for tote management concerns. Monitors tote flow cycle from customer to Panasonic to factory and back to customer.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Uses packaging identification method to accurately sort packaging by customer, including deployment of packaging.
- Monitors/tracks inventory of all returnable packaging. Identifies shortages/overages.
- Works with customers to resolve shortage issues caused by the customers. Reconciles related cost for tote shortages,
- giving customer the option of purchasing cardboard boxes as back-up packaging or purchasing more returnable totes if
- issue is on-going.
- Works with Program Management, Customer Service and Production Control to resolve shortage issues that are
- caused by Panasonic.
- Works with Program Management, Sales, Customer Service and Production Control to track, procure and time the delivery of
- packaging for new programs.
- Determines quantity by type of returnable packaging required to support production. Adjusts quantities of returnable
- packaging in the system to support production increases and decreases without production interruption.
- Identifies distribution locations and transportation methods for all returnable to and from Panasonic – including
- contact names, carrier names and locations of all parties that handle, store or transport the returnable packaging.
- Identifies defective packaging and works with customers to recycle and replace this packaging without
- Production interruption.
- Establishes efficient receiving and storage methods for returnable packaging. Ensures totes are well maintained and properly cleaned.
- Re-allocates and/or recycles obsolete packaging materials.
- Monitors control procedures to insure compliance. Resolves unforeseen circumstances.
- Retrieves and enters data from various customer based on-line programs. Enters and maintains accurate data in database systems. Verifies accuracy of data collected. Conducts regular database audits to ensure integrity of information.
- Creates reports to track and inventory totes. Prepares and submits reports as required.
- Builds effective relationships with all internal and external customers.
- May use a manual pallet jack.
- Prepares records, charts, graphs, and other statistical information to track packaging inventories, problems and trends.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School education (or GED) required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Logistics or supply chain management environment, or a directly related field that includes inventory and/or packaging.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships while reconciling customer issues.
- Experience in an automotive electronics-manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and Windows based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
Los Indios Only: Proficient bi-lingual English-Spanish verbal and written communication skills required.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.