For more information on what's happening locally at Panasonic, visit and like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PanasonicSolar/
Panasonic Corporation is working to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) modules and cells for solar panels at the Riverbend factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role is to manufacture and supply our SHJ (Silicon Heterojunction) PV cells and modules that feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics, which result in more power than similarly rated solar products.
Panasonic’s unique technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business positions us as an industry leader, and we are focused on expanding our solar footprint in North America and beyond.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration and grow with it as operations continue to expand.
The most successful employees at PSNA are results driven and able to continuously adapt to an ever-changing startup environment. They report to work on time and never settle for anything less than the best. They work well in a team environment but also have the drive to succeed when they are on their own. A strong focus on fairness and honesty with a humble attitude are what defines our top performers. Is that you?
Currently, PSNA has an immediate opening available for an Overnight Shift Supervisor in Cell Production.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Key tasks with respect to Cell Production Department:
- Meet department KPI’s:
- Production plan achievement rate (On-time delivery)
- Productivity (Output per head)
- Production yield
- Production loss (Failure cost)
- Production cost (Direct/Indirect labor, Depreciation, Indirect material, Power, Maintenance & Repair...)
- Inventory amount and Inventory difference
- Monitor production progress and report daily production results
- Promote and maintain safety and health in your department
- Identify unsafe work and immediately report it to the manager
- Lead operators in improvement processes in case there is a problem in the cell production activity
- Perform labor management of operators
- Maintain equipment maintenance
- Perform lot management and production control (installation preparation)
- Promote activities of 5S and EHS (Environment, Occupational Safety and Health)
- Investigate problems, analyze root causes, and implement countermeasures
- Understand the latest information on product specifications, engineering technology, production process
- Lead operators by providing training and guidance to achieve production goals
- Control and monitor the use of production consumables
- Contact the support department for production loss due to equipment trouble
- Improve productivity, improve yield and improve reliability in cooperation with support department
- If there is an abnormality in daily inspection, encourage technicians to improve
- Comply with Environmental Policy, Quality Policy, Safety Policy or other policy, which are enforced by the Company.
- Discipline of the cell division / KPI
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a supervisor of production/manufacturing, preferred
- High school diploma/GED required
- College degree, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- To have knowledge and skills as below
- Problem solving
- Equipment maintenance
- QMS (Quality Management System)
- Labor control
- Report to the assistant manager and engineers in the manufacturing department.
- Support employees
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving power
- Sense of responsibility
- Ability to collaborate with relevant departments
- Equipment maintenance skills
- High awareness of safety procedures
- Basic PC work
- Data aggregation and analytical skills
- Having knowledge of chemicals
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, business community and employee
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Handles general chemicals and gas used in solar cell manufacturing
- Mainly in the clean room
- The noise level of working environment is usually moderate
- Irregular swing shift (Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
- In-house inspector registration required
Clean Room Environment: Candidates must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
This position will require exposure to strong magnets that will interfere with pacemaker/defibrillator function. For safety reasons, candidates with a pacemaker/defibrillator cannot be considered for this position.
What We Offer:
- Family-like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Solar North America (PSNA).