The Order Management Specialist provides top-tier customer service to their assigned accounts through proactive management of orders from receipt through shipping and by partnering with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to ensure best-in-class results.
1. Manage the receipt and entry of original equipment and/or parts orders from field sales, ensuring completeness and accuracy prior to acknowledging orders
2. Effectively communicate with field sales, internal departments (Scheduling, Purchasing, Engineering, Shipping, and Quality) and plant management to keep everyone abreast of the status of the sales orders throughout the life cycle of the orders.
3. Work closely with the Production Scheduling department to ensure the customer requested ship date is communicated to Scheduling and the plant committed ship dates of orders are communicated to field sales in a timely manner.
4. Ensure all sales order changes are coordinated with Production Scheduling, Engineering, Purchasing, and Manufacturing to verify the plant’s ability to accept the changes.
5. Continuously improve product knowledge and system skills.
6. Update reports for use by management. Reports include Plant backlog, On-Time Shipment to Request and to Promise, Acknowledgment turnaround time, Daily order receipts.
- Customer focused and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to problem solve
- Responsible for complex account
- Demonstrated increased product knowledge
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to make sound decisions and recommendations
- Work independently with limited supervision
- Share knowledge by assisting with onboarding, mentoring and cross training
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America