Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Monitoring material handling system and troubleshooting in support of 24/7 plant operations.
- Monitoring material handling tools such as RTNX in cell warehouses and Electrode AGVs.
- Detecting and resolving errors/stoppages to mitigate production impact and improve machine uptime.
- Maintaining contact between the command center and production to inform of any machine issues.
- Working closely with maintenance technicians and Panasonic contractors to resolve problems.
- Performing simple production actions such as resetting equipment.
- Accompany and supervise engineers and technicians when performing preventative maintenance tasks.
- Educating operators on production processes to reduce calls about basic issues.
- Other miscellaneous duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with PENA Gigafactory production equipment.
- Experience performing maintenance and troubleshooting activities on control systems in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including overseas.
- Experience operating material handling equipment such as AGVs, RGVs and VGVs.
- Basic knowledge of IT and data monitoring systems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and driven to work with minimal supervision.
- 3+ years of high-volume manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with wiring/cabling/grounding/shielding, wire gauge/terminations, and load/temperature requirements.
- Experience maintaining, and troubleshooting PLC systems such as Omron, Mitsubishi, and Allen Bradley.
- Understanding of electrical hardware, schematics, wiring diagrams, SOP’s, P&ID’s, PFD’s, sequence control, and software design.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting complex control systems, including software, hardware, wiring, and electro-mechanical components.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting manufacturing image vision systems such as Keyence and Cognex.
- Experience with various mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical control system components.
- Must be able to work a 12-hour shift (day or night) to support 24/7 battery manufacturing control systems maintenance.
- Experience with Murata X500 system.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.