Panasonic – OEM Business Development Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
This position is responsible for the development of new business in the IT, Mobile, Avionics and Automotive sectors for the Panasonic Electronic Materials Division (EMD), with an emphasis on Aerospace, RF and Wireless technologies. Collaboration with the relevant domains sales and marketing groups, coordination with Japan based Product Teams and global leadership of the sales companies will be a key to success. Creation of on-going global revenue opportunities is the primary goal.
In addition, this position may require an active role for U.L., Consortiums and outside Research Groups to advise Japan Headquarters of Industry Standards and compliance.
- Identify new business opportunities and OEM customers for designated market sectors
- Serve as a liaison between customer design, engineering and procurement teams and Panasonic.
- Participate in strategic global planning for product and market strategy.
- Analyze market trends and size, competition, and technology.
- Present appropriate solutions to targeted OEM accounts
- Technical overviews on technology, manufacturing and logistics.
- Develop key relationships with OEM decision makers.
- Promote research projects with targeted OEM’s and Japan to jointly develop future technologies.
- Qualify appropriate products for technology
- Utilize contacts and in-depth, advanced technical knowledge of materials and PWB manufacturing techniques to exploit advantages of Panasonic products.
- Obtain information on technical trends and provide feedback to the company.
- Program and Account Management for established OEMs.
- Access the sales impact of the solutions in the global marketplace and the overall success of the programs.
- Follow up and maintain contacts with regular technology and business updates to OEMs.
- Attend trade shows, workshops or seminars to maintain expertise level
- Maintain technical and business documentation and communication
- Write technical assessments of business trends and distribute to management
- Document customer activity on call reports and monthly reports and email as required.
- Lead scheduled conference calls, meetings and follow-ups with Japan, local staff, OEMs, and the sales group.
- Maintain visibility with overseas operations representing USA R&M Group on a global basis
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years PWB product engineering experience
- In-depth knowledge of laminates and related markets
- In-depth knowledge of PWB manufacturing processes
- OEM business/design engineering connections (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with a strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Valid driver’s license; must have or be able to obtain valid passport with no travel restrictions.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.