This position is a Senior NVH Engineer in the R&D at Hussmann Bridgeton Performance Laboratory. The role requires strong critical thinking skills and a desire to develop component-level measurement tools and techniques to improve NVH performance on current designs and avoid NVH issues in future designs. The role will be Hussmann NVH expert and support development teams and sustaining design products to meet NVH requirements. The role is the lead NVH validation engineer and will be hands-on in testing and improvement of products to meet the Hussmann Promise.
- Aid design engineering in developing FMEA’s and Test Plans.
- Actively participate in technical design reviews.
- Drive testing to support test plans of process partners.
- Analyze, evaluate and document data.
- Identify, analyze and solve issues.
- Create and update test procedures and specifications.
- Design, develop, review and coordinate test programs for mechanical components, small systems, processes or materials.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of directly related experience.
- Sound and Vibration experience.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently, as a self-starter.
- Vibration measurement and analysis experience (experimental modal analysis, operational, transfer path analysis).
- Stress-strain measurement and analysis experience, a plus.
- Sound measurement and analysis experience (sound power measurements, sound quality measurements).
- Knowledge of LMS Test Lab or B&K Pulse data acquisition systems, a plus.
- Experience in design validation and lab testing, a plus.
- Strong knowledge of engineering procedures and design verification methods.
- Excellent planning, organizational, decision making and leadership skills.
- Able to manage multiple fast-paced projects.
- Outstanding people skills, with the specific ability to interact with process partners and guide the work of lab technicians.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Six Sigma trained/Black Belt certification, a plus.
- Be able to understand and perform theoretical and practical engineering analysis.