As a key member of the NPI team, our NPI Mechanical Design Engineer will apply engineering best practices to develop and document the complete mechanical design solution for our projects. The NPI Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for creating refrigeration piping schematics, a sequence of operation, component layouts, and bill of materials in-order to support the new product design and development, production, and field service. Our NPI Mechanical Engineer will actively work with customers, manufacturing, quality and service departments during manufacturing, system verification and field startup. This candidate will lead the new product mechanical engineering project and task activities by assuming full technical responsibility for the NPI project.
- Lead the mechanical design on NPI projects adhering to department goals and standards
- Design mechanical refrigeration systems for Transcritical CO2, cascade CO2, and CO2 secondary systems
- Implement knowledge and skills related to refrigeration systems and components
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales to in-order to develop a product design document
- Work with vendors to collect data and requirements for components
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of Hussmann products in comparison to other manufactures
- Communicate requirements and changes to all relevant departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 7+ years of directly related engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience specific CO2 design and development.
- Experience leading mechanical design on NPI projects adhering to department goals and standards.
- Broad design knowledge of refrigeration systems and components, including but not limited to trans-critical CO2, cascade CO2, and CO2 secondary systems.
- Broad industry product and systems knowledge. Have the ability to discuss advantages and disadvantages of Hussmann products in comparison to other manufacturers.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and interviewing skills in-order to extract design intent from customers and translate the requirements into a product design document.
- Ability to draft in the latest version of AutoCAD. The minimum requirements in drafting proficiency shall include the ability to create from scratch and edit P&IDs.
- Expert technical understanding of refrigeration system design, electrical and electronic component functionality. Ability to select and size mechanical components based on the project specific design requirements and company standards.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- 25% travel.
- Broad Hussmann product knowledge with proven experience in developing customized products. Have broad industry product and systems knowledge, preferably with some experience in working for other refrigeration system manufacturers.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes, innovative ideas, and changes. These individuals are open to learn new processes, technologies, and tools.
- Have knowledge of the application engineering tools. Support the development of new tools in- order to introduce new technologies and products. Work closely with application engineers and sustaining engineering in-order to maintain current tools with respect to new products.
- Lead efforts to improve the financial impact of engineering activities on the business and a thorough understanding of how other functions impact the business.
- Manages workload effectively with general direction given.
- Have the ability to prepare and present technical solutions that will meet product requirements.
- Knowledgeable of problem-solving tools and techniques, lead problem solving teams related to systems and component issues.