As an important member of the NPI team you will apply engineering best practices to develop and document the complete electrical design solution for our projects. The NPI Lead Electrical Engineer creates schematics, wiring diagrams, sequence of operations, component layouts, rack controller I/O, and bills of material. Our NPI Lead Electrical Engineer will work with customers, manufacturing, quality, and service departments during manufacturing, system verification, and field startup. You will lead the new product electrical engineering project and task activities by assuming full technical responsibility for the NPI project.
- Lead the electrical design on NPI projects following department goals and standards
- Implement knowledge and skills related to electrical power distribution and controls
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales to in-order to develop a product design document
- Work with vendors to collect data and requirements for components
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of Hussmann products in comparison to other manufactures
- Communicate requirements and changes to all relevant departments
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 7+ years of directly related refrigeration engineering experience.
- Have broad industry product and systems knowledge with some experience in working for other refrigeration system manufacturers.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes, innovative ideas, and changes. These individuals are open to learn new processes, technologies, and tools.
- Have knowledge of the application engineering tools. Support the development of new tools in- order to introduce new technologies and products. Work closely with application engineers and sustaining engineering in-order to maintain current tools with respect to new products.
- Lead efforts to improve the financial impact of engineering activities on the business and a thorough understanding of how other functions impact the business.
- Manages workload effectively with general direction given.
- Have the ability to prepare and present technical solutions that will meet product requirements.
- Knowledgeable of problem-solving tools and techniques, lead teams related to systems and component issues.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.