Monitors and manages the IT infrastructure and proactively addresses network issues as they are discovered and not waiting for notification by the client. As needed performs troubleshooting, escalates problems when appropriate, and communicates service interruption information.
To be successful in this role, incumbents must be able to quickly resolve Tier 2 and Tier 3 issues with the client in a high quality manner, or be able to reasonably elevate issues to Engineering as deemed appropriate and in an efficient manner.
Monitoring the Network
- Monitor Network Monitor System(s) for faults and alerts and respond to problems according to provided documented procedures.
- Open, update, and close Trouble Tickets, including information in the Accounting, Equipment, Document Area, Contact Information, and Assets tabs as needed.
- Provide timely and detailed documentation in ticket system.
- Create, respond, and escalate tickets as necessary to the proper support groups.
- Ensure compliance with system procedures.
- Troubleshoot the global beam-switching iDirect network, identifying and resolving remote issues.
- May lead the efforts with field technicians and local management to assist in the resolution of equipment and/or network level outages.
- Maintain and upgrade current IP network and satellite hardware.
- Systems administration including setting up user accounts, passwords and privileges on IP PBXs, client portals, web filter/firewalls, NMS
- Document and testing of VSAT, IP and IP telephony system installations as required
- Assist in the resolution of support issues to decrease downtime and to bring about high levels of satisfaction to each customer.
- Work with service providers and with management to ensure resolution of escalated technical problems.
- May lead and mentor junior members.
- Provide on-call 24/7/365 support for production systems, services & infrastructure
- Will act as technical liaison between the customer, service providers , and management in order to ensure proper service levels are being met.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Good understanding of cultural sensitivities in the areas of work
- Network equipment, routing or switching experience
- Cisco training – CCNA or CCNP qualifications preferred.
- Training in IP routing, switching, security and VOIP is preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills driven to exceed customer expectations.
- Recognized technical qualification or relevant experience. (In U.S., Associates Degree in IT, Telecommunications, Communications is preferred or equivalent military education and experience.)
- 4+ years’ experience working in a Network Operations Center.
- 4+ years’ experience with iDirect and/or stabilized antenna systems.
- All necessary Certifications achieved.
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Ability to lift in excess of 20lbs and pass a physical exam as required.
- Flexible work hours to support the department as needed.