ITC Global, A Panasonic Company, is a leading provider of satellite communications to the energy, mining, maritime, hospitality and NGO markets. https://www.itcglobal.com/
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The primary function of the NOC Technician II (Contract) is to provide real-time service and user support for VSAT Customers in the Energy, Mining, and Maritime industries that use our remote-based technology systems. Incumbents monitor and manage the IT infrastructure and proactively address network issues as they are discovered and, ideally, do not wait for notification by the client. The NOC Technician II performs troubleshooting, escalates problems when appropriate, and communicates service interruption information as needed.
To be successful in this role, incumbents must be able to quickly resolve Tier 1 and 2 issues with the client in a high quality manner, or if needed, able to reasonably elevate issues to Tier 2 as deemed appropriate and in an efficient manner.
Monitoring the Network
- Monitor Network Monitor System(s) for faults and alerts and respond to problems according to provided documented procedures.
- Open, update, and close Trouble Tickets, including information in the Accounting, Equipment, Document Area, Contact Information, and Assets tabs as needed.
- Provide timely and detailed documentation in ticket system.
- Create, respond, and escalate tickets as necessary to the proper support groups.
- Ensure compliance with system procedures.
- Comply with the requirements of the Safety Management System.
- Maintain and upgrade current IP network and satellite hardware.
- Systems administration including setting up user accounts, passwords and privileges on IP PBXs, client portals, web filter/firewalls, NMS
- Document and testing of VSAT, IP and IP telephony system installations as required.
- Maintain and support internal network system, i.e. printer setup, NAS configuration, switch and IP telephone
- Configure, install and maintain client IP network hardware including Ethernet switches, routers, wireless access points, PBXs, IP phones and GSM gateways.
- Assist in the resolution of support issues to decrease downtime and to bring about high levels of satisfaction to each customer.
- May work with field technicians and local management to assist in the resolution of equipment and/or network level outages.
- Act as technical liaison between the customer, service providers, and management in order to ensure proper service levels are being met.
- Function as initial responder within the NOC in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving gateway and remote problems.
- Report incidents and hazards.
- Provide on-call 24/7/365 support for production systems, services & infrastructure
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Good understanding of cultural sensitivities in the areas of work
- Network equipment, routing or switching experience
- Training in IP routing, switching, security and VOIP is preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills driven to exceed customer expectations.
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks concurrently and within deadlines.
- Ability to offer creative solutions and resourceful problem solving skills.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must have flexibility of working extended hours, weekends, holidays, on call and in remote and harsh environments.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional/global and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Well organized, effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Recognized technical qualification or relevant experience. (In U.S., Associates Degree in IT, Telecommunications, Communications is preferred or equivalent military education and experience.)
- Certifications process achieved or well under way. VSAT and Cisco training – GVF, CCNA or CCNP.
- 2-4 years of experience working in NOC/Call Center environment
- 1-2 years VSAT experience required.
- 1-2 years Networking experience preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Ability to lift in excess of 20lbs and pass a physical exam as required.
- Flexible work hours to support the department as needed.
Approximately 20% travel required to Customer and ITC sites
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.