The Program Launch Engineer owns the coordination and cross-functional execution of all product and service launches. This position will oversee the development, implementation, and ongoing execution of product, solution and service launches.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Works with Program Management to understand End of Life and New Project Requirements
- Works with Program Management to secure cost center to cover labor and equipment needs
- Determines Whether New Project is Pass Through or Requires QCRO / POST process
- Presents New Project Tracker and Requirements to Local Management
- Works with Engineering and Operations to Define Space, Process, and Equipment Needs
- Works with Engineering and HR to determine Labor Needs
- Works with Quality to determine PFMEA and Control Plan Needs
- Works with Engineering and Facilities Team on New Line Setups
- Works with SAP and Planning Team on Master Data and Datalogger Setup
- Works with Container Management to secure packaging needs.
- Works with Quality and Operations to plan, execute, and monitor Pilot Runs
- Drives resolution of all issues identified during Pilot Runs
- Updates Lessons Learned Matrix
- Tracks and reports Site Readiness to Local Management
- Escalates Issues When Required
- Updates and Presents New Project Tracker to Cross-Functional Team Twice a Month or as Needed
- Validates Normal Production Volumes with Program Management and Local Planning Team
- Validates New Project is Ready for Normal Production, including Container Management
- Must gain knowledge of budget requirements related to new product launch.
- Four-year college degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and a minimum of (5) five years related experience.
- 8D Problem Solving, PFMEA, and Control Plan
- SAP Experience, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Project Management, and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.