Work with plant, project management and engineering to integrate new products into assembly process. Objective is to utilize quality engineering tools to effectively introduce new product to assembly.
- Attend new product development meetings. Document and communicate plant requirements to appropriate assembly department teams.
- Evaluate and coordinate requirements to introduce new products into production.
- Analyze prototypes and assessment builds, document, and drive opportunities for design to improve manufacturability.
- Develop FMEAs and quality plans.
- Create reports and documents for meetings related to above issues.
- Interface with all departments to identify and correct manufacturing issues as they arise; analyze customer/field complaints and drive corrective and preventative actions in the manufacturing process while maintaining communications between issue owners and issue originators.
- Audit and verify compliance to work instructions, quality procedures and established CTQ processes.
- Conduct root cause analysis using quality tools.
- Perform internal audits in different departments. Coordinate/administer daily layered audits within production, while driving corrections to issues.
- Participate on special project teams representing the quality department as assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree, Engineering degree preferred
- 0-2 years experience
- Experience in quality (Manufacturing), preferred
- Knowledge in the application of total quality assurance concepts, methods, and techniques.
- High computer skills (data bases), Microsoft Office Suite