Panasonic – New Business Development Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsible for analyzing target markets and creating a sales strategy that promotes the development of new business and potential new customers, as well as creating a sales strategy that promotes new product to current customers. Responsible for sales generation in those markets. Candidate should be located in the Mountain View, Ca. Area.
- Identify potential new customers and markets for Home Building Products and Systems and create new business opportunities.
- Identify potential new Home Building Products and Systems for customer’s current and future requires. Present these potential products to the appropriate factories for development consideration.
- Develop strategy to maximize new/existing business opportunities and be responsible for a business sales budget.
- Quantitatively evaluate market research, trend analysis and market sizing in order to develop sales strategies.
- Research, compile, analyze, and report pertinent data on:
- Established and emerging markets that consume electronic components consistent with strategy
- Competitors’ products, sales, and activities
- Determine key market trends, dynamic, and drivers
- Target customers
- Communicate with product team, overseas and domestic factory and global sales regions regarding product strategy, market trend, technology and pricing etc.
- Create and execute local marketing plan
- Manage all marketing initiatives based on committed timeline and cost
- Propose and implement new promotion activity
- Provide comprehensive marketing activity report to management
- Assist with management presentations and other supports required by the management
What You’ll Bring:
- Budget, employees direct and indirect and other resources managed. Reports to Group Manager or Leader of the Team.
- Sales Revenue: The revenue will vary depending on markets & accounts assigned.
- Expense Control: Responsible for staying within budgeted expenses and for recommending expenditures. Reports to Group Manager or Leader of the Team.
Education & Experience:
- New Housing Products experiences for North American customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is strongly preferred.
- MBA or MS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineer is a plus.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Housing Product Sales. New business development and/or product marketing, knowledge of Housing Products a plus.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Trend and systematic analysis
- Highly self motivated and entrepreneurial
- Opportunity focused
- Results driven
- Proactively improves customer relations
- Responsive, Identifies Needs, Monitors Satisfaction
- Clear vision, sense of urgency, effective prioritization, and adjustment of activities
- Effective time management, leverage or resources
Communication and Collaboration:
- High level of proactive communication (written/oral)
- Build networks, collect and share wisdom through training/experience
- Decisive, focused, and proactive drive for execution
- Raise the Bar – independent implementation of solutions
- Strategic and Innovative approach to complex business challenges
- Strong written, negotiation and oral communication capabilities, including major presentations to high-level internal/external contacts, are required.
- Ability to have domestic/oversea business trip as required of the position; approximately 50% locally.
- Work at the Newark or closest regional office.
Note: for regions not located near Newark or regional offices a home office may be acceptable
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.