Working for the Director of Technology: Operations (AeroMobile) the Network Performance Manager will be responsible for providing tier 4 support to the Panasonic Mobile service. Drive the design and implementation of network improvements and analysis and improvements of network performance. The Network Performance Manager will be a subject matter expert in the area of telecoms service quality assurance and processes.
- Provides a second line of support for in-service 2G/3G/4G issues.
- Is responsible for the definition and implementation of end-to-end telecoms service quality assurance methods and procedures.
- Will evaluate and understand the end user experience o different technologies.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Operations, will lead initiatives to expand the capacity and robustness of the ground network.
- Will proactively monitor, identify opportunities for improvements in service delivery and AMC revenues.
- Will work closely with the Core Network providers and Panasonic to deploy, manage and maintain future network technologies such as 5G, IoT and Hotspot 2.0.
- Technical input into RFQ for the purchase of new equipment and services.
- Provide day-to-day tier 4 support for the Panasonic Mobile service within AeroMobile and the Panasonic Mobile support teams.
- Will work closely with third party vendors and Panasonic to deploy, manage and maintain future network technologies such as 5G and Hotspot 2.0.
- Supplier management
- A strong understanding of mobile networks, IP technologies and 2G/3G/4G network design.
- Software knowledge of Linux and scripting languages e.g. perl, expect, python etc.
- A good communicator; able to present orally and written to all levels.
- Commercial acumen. Takes action in a timely fashion consistent with the company’s goals.
- Analytical, detail oriented, accurate.
- Ability to effectively influence multiple constituencies internally and externally and inspire action without direct organizational management responsibility
- Analytical, self-driven, pro-active
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Engineering discipline is essential.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a technical function of the mobile communications sector.