Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
if you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Support the 24/7 operation of Panasonic Avionics IFEC (In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity) products. Lead diagnosing & troubleshooting of ground network related issues, coordinating with peers and staff inside the Customer Performance Center. Lead and execute ongoing technical/interface applications and operations specific to successful to ground & satellite network operations.
Network Operations (60%)
- Provide leadership with recommendations that designate a specific direction for the
- network architecture in terms of designs, standards, implementation, operations and
- Lead technical discussions required to support Network architecture design needs. This includes defining network requirements and creating a design, ensuring feasibility and integration with existing and potential new system/configurations.
- Assists with business continuity, Disaster Recovery/Incident Response planning/testing
- Develop a roadmap for the network infrastructure that will include plans to enhance functionality, replace end of life infrastructure and/or increase operational efficiencies and reduce cost.
- Define and Lead Network Operations technical practices.
- Provide advice and consulting support to various project teams
- Participate in cross functional architectural meetings with technical resources across all departments.
- Responsible for guiding and directing efforts for installing and troubleshooting PAC’s
- global network system.
- Support leadership by assessing network risks and provide recommended contingency plans.
- Work on complex ground network & Satellite network operations & engineering groups to effectively escalate ground & satellite issues; provide timely response to customer escalations.
- Lead the planning and implementing of ground & satellite network upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches in conjunction with ground & satellite engineering groups.
- Develop and implement network recommendations and requirements to meet network
- performance SLA’s.
- Monitor ground & satellite network utilizing supplied tools and systems; provide reactive and proactive support based on interpretation of the tools.
- Work on complex ground & satellite operations & engineering teams to test ground & satellite system performance via performance statistics and reporting.
- Lead and implement strategies for integrating air and ground network support methodologies.
- Lead collaboration to develop and maintain training materials for Customer Support Center & regional field-based teams.
- Write process / system and other required documentation to support regional ground &Satellite Operations.
Systems Administration (20%)
- Maintain, supervise network monitoring & management systems for ground & satellite network.
- Optimize configurations to provide maximum uptime on critical systems, services & infrastructure for GCS services
- Support systems, services & applications to meet required service level agreements, high availability/fault tolerance expectations and business continuity/disaster recovery requirements
- Provide on-call 24/7/365 support on production systems, services & infrastructure (in rotation with other staff as required)
- Escalate & resolve support incident tickets, problems and known issues
Acquisition & Deployment (10%)
- Research, evaluate and recommend new documentation tools and methods in support of documentation improvement efforts.
Planning & Analysis (10%)
- Lead to identify & define business procedures and establish documentation needs for all relevant hardware and software platforms in the air2ground enterprise.
- Analyze air to ground project requirements to determine types of documents needed.
- Collaborate with service and support staff to collect and interpret technical information.
- Liaise with Quality department to ensure final documents are aligned to Panasonic Avionics Corporations standards and are usable and of high quality.
- Lead change management process, documentation requirements and standardized Procedures.
- Automation of routine task to address more complex system and infrastructure
- Network performance tuning techniques.
- Detailed level of knowledge of contemporary tools and information sources for managing network systems.
- Project planning and management principles Considerable knowledge of TCP/IP; ethernet; network cabling; Layer2 and Layer 3 switching; the OSI
- Model; MPLS and Metro-Ethernet; VPN and SSL technology; Firewall Security; Network Management, Diagraming and troubleshooting
- In depth knowledge of LAN,WAN, and Datacenter technologies on an enterprise level or carrier level.
- Work on complex and supporting global enterprise-based network Systems: Cisco Systems, Palo Alto, Avocet etc
- Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS, VTP, VRF
- Hardware: Cisco ASA, ASR, enterprise switching Experience with technical support/systems administration on projects using UNIX operating systems, including Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu & Solaris, Juniper Network equipment, MX/SRX switches, firewalls, and routers.
- Hands-on technical writing and editing experience, with specific experience in documenting information technology software and systems.
- Knowledge of information gathering, planning and organizing methods and principles.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and interviewing skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to execute on multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or 4-year technical degree is desired. (i.e.
- Computer Engineering, Network Engineering).
- Cisco CCNP preferred CCIE or Junos JNCDS, JNDCIS
- Minimum 12 + years relevant work experience in a network operations environment
- On call duties as required.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer
- Some domestic (<10%) and international (<5%) travel may be required for the purpose of cross training,
- capacity management & meeting with off-site personnel/management.
- May be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Current passport in good standing
- Working independently with general supervision
The salary wage range of $107,000 – $180,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
- Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
- All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.