Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The position:Support the 24/7 operation of Panasonic Avionics IFEC (In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity) products. Diagnose & troubleshoot complex ground network related issues, coordinating with peers and staff inside the Customer Performance Center. Lead and execute ongoing technical/interface applications and operations specific to successful to ground & satellite network operations
- Network Operations
- Lead network operations and management best practices.
- Work on complex ground network & Satellite network operations in conjunction with engineering groups to effectively escalate ground & satellite issues; provide timely response to customer escalations.
- Lead the planning and implementing of ground & satellite network upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches in conjunction with ground & satellite engineering group.
- Monitor ground & satellite network utilizing supplied tools and systems; provide reactive and proactive support based on interpretation of the tools.
- Work on complex ground & satellite operations & engineering team; test ground & satellite system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Lead and implement strategies for integrating air and ground network support methodologies.
- Lead collaboration to develop and maintain training materials for Customer Support Center & regional field-based teams.
- Write process/system and other required documentation to support regional ground & Satellite Operations.
- Complete/Update Site survey’s for pre and post deployment design requirements, solution needed configuration changes to support end user and customer requirements
- Systems Administration
- Lead the maintenance and administration of network monitoring & management systems for ground & satellite networks.
- Validate equipment configuration change to provide maximum uptime on critical systems, services & infrastructure for connectivity services.
- Support systems, services & applications to meet required service level agreements, high availability/fault tolerance expectations and business continuity/disaster recovery requirements.
- Provide on-call 24/7/365 support on production systems, services & infrastructure (in rotation with other staff).
- Escalate & resolve support incident tickets, problems, and known issues.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new documentation tools and methods in support of documentation improvement efforts.
- Planning & Analysis
- Lead to identify & define business procedures and establish documentation needs for all relevant hardware and software platforms in the air2ground enterprise.
- Analyze air to ground project requirements to determine types of documents needed.
- Collaborate with service and support staff to collect and interpret technical information.
- Liaise with Quality department to ensure final documents are aligned to Panasonic Avionics Corporations standards and are usable and of high quality.
- BS EE or 4-year technical degree is preferred (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network
- Cisco CCNP preferred CCIE
- Minimum 8+ years relevant work experience in a network operations environment
- Advanced experience with troubleshooting and supporting satellite based systems including iDirect, Newtec, or equivalent technologies
- Advanced experience working and supporting global enterprise-based network Systems: Cisco Systems, Palo Alto, Avocent, etc.
- Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS, VTP, VRF
- Hardware: Cisco ASA, ASR, enterprise switching Experience with technical support/systems administration on projects using UNIX operating systems, including Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu & Solaris, Juniper Networking
- Hands-on technical writing and editing experience, with specific experience in documenting information technology software and systems.
- Advanced knowledge of information gathering, planning and organizing methods and principles.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and interviewing skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to execute on multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to solve complex problems quickly and completely
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- On call duties as required.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Some domestic (les than 10%) and international (less than 5%) travel may be required for the purpose of cross training, capacity management & meeting with off-site personnel/management.
- May be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Current passport in good standing
- Ability to travel internationally for temporary job assignments as required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.