Support the 24/7 operation of Panasonic Avionics IFEC (In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity) products. Participate in diagnosing & troubleshooting of moderate to complex ground network related issues, coordinating with peers and staff inside the Customer Performance Center. If needed, issues and problems that cannot be fixed may be referred to outside vendors or handed off to higher Tier level. Participate and execute ongoing technical/interface applications and operations specific to successful to ground & satellite network operations.
- Work on moderate to complex ground & satellite network operations in conjunction with engineering groups.
- Participate in the planning and execution of ground & satellite network upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches in conjunction with ground & satellite engineering group.
- Monitor ground & satellite network utilizing supplied tools and systems; provide reactive and proactive support based on interpretation of the tools.
- Execute ground & satellite system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Participate and implement strategies for integrating satellite and ground network support methodologies.
- Work on training materials for CPC (Customer Performance Center) & regional field-based teams.
- Work on process/system and other required documentation to support ground & satellite operations.
- Participate in maintaining and administering network monitoring & management systems for ground & satellite networks.
- Execute equipment configuration changes to provide maximum up time on critical systems, services & infrastructure for connectivity services.
- Support systems, services & applications to meet required service level agreements, high availability/fault tolerance expectations and business continuity/disaster recovery requirements.
- Provide on-call 24/7/365 support on production systems, services & infrastructure (in rotation with other staff).
- Escalate & resolve support incident tickets, problems, and known issues.
Planning & Analysis
- Work on identifying & define business procedures and establish documentation needs for all relevant hardware and software platforms in the air-2-ground enterprise.
- Participate and execute on air to ground project requirements to determine types of documents needed.
- Collaborate with service and support staff to collect and interpret technical information.
- Liaise with quality department to ensure final documents are aligned to Panasonic Avionics Corporation standards and are usable and of high quality.
- Experience with troubleshooting and supporting satellite-based systems including iDirect, Newtec, or equivalent technologies.
- Experience working with and supporting global enterprise-based network systems: Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, Avocent, etc.
- Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS, VTP, VRF
- Hardware: Cisco ASA, ASR, enterprise switching Experience with technical support/systems administration on projects using UNIX operating systems, including Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu & Solaris
- Hands-on technical writing and editing experience, with specific experience in documenting information technology software and systems.
- Knowledge of information gathering, planning and organizing methods and principles.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and interviewing skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to execute on multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to solve moderate to complex problems quickly and completely
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or 4-year technical degree is preferred (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering).
- Cisco CCNA preferred CCNP.
- Minimum 5+ years relevant work experience in a network operations environment.
- On call duties as required.
- Occasional inspection of cables and wiring in floors and ceilings.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Some domestic (<10%) and international (<5%) travel may be required for the purpose of cross training, capacity management & meeting with off-site personnel/management.
- May be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Current passport in good standing.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America. #LI-SR2