Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The responsibilities for this position include but not limited to network design, new technology evaluations, implementation of network architecture best practices and topology development. Analyze, develop, administer and support the enterprise network systems. Other responsibilities include network monitoring, performance analysis, and customer support.
- Independently develop appropriate solutions and enhancements for network / application /system related issues.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Design company LANs, VLANs, WANs, VMWare virtual networks, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other devices
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives for the company’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio
- Review new and existing network design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans
- Maintain a solid understanding of the industry’s standards, technology architectures, best practices, platforms, integration strategies, methodologies, design and modeling tools, development and deployment utilities, testing tools and trends
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex network development as well as gaining confidence and contributions for all network architecture plans
- Manage and define the prioritization of the architectural design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all network infrastructure, including LANs, WANs, VMs, Internet, intranets, extranets, security, wireless implementations, etc.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities
- Conduct case studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions
- Participation in disaster recovery/business continuation activities
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Leverage experience to provide mentoring to other members of the technical team where necessary
- Checkpoint, Netscreen & Cisco Router/Firewall/Switch/VPN/DWDM/Wireless & ACS configuration, implementation, maintenance
- Multicast configurations, implementations, maintenance and management
- Monitoring Systems such as Orion SolarWinds, PagerDuty and SpectorSoft
- Internet connectivity configurations, implementations and maintenance
- TCP/IP v4/v6 protocol analysis and trouble-shooting
- VoIP protocol configuration and analysis
- Plan, assume, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote network devices and appliances across the organization’s network.
- Provide support in establishing and maintaining the procedural maintenance and change management for networks
- Work with process teams to test and refine network configurations
- Maintain quality of service and proper client expectations for services rendered
- Ensure propped ITIL change management procedures are adhered to
- Remote access management, maintenance and configuration
- Data center design, build-out and management
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills
- Robust analytical skills and ability to identify and solve complex problems at the network, system and application layers
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with the operation, troubleshooting and design of enterprise data networks
- Working knowledge of data protocols, architectures, standards, addressing, routing, switching and data security
- Experience with Cisco implementations of LAN, WAN, VLAN, VPN, firewall clusters, secure wireless and remote access
- Experience with content filtering, email filtering, load balancing, traffic analysis, authentication technologies
- Mastery of technologies including VLANs, RSTP, 802.1q, PoE, Trunking, LAGs, T1/DS1, Frame Relay, MPLS, TLS, PPP
- Mastery of routing & services including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, GRE, PBR, NAT, DHCP, DNS, NTP, HSRP, QoS, multicast
- A working knowledge with application protocols especially IPv4/IPv6 and TCP/UDP for Linux, Windows, Mac and mobile devices would be helpful
- Solid background with firewall security policies involving complex objects, rules, NATs, inspection policies, etc.
- Experience with various Cisco products WCS, WLC, ACE, WAAS, NAC, IPS, ACS and Nexus
- Experience with Cisco UC/IPT/VoIP including phone systems, vmail, phones, voice gateways, etc. would be a plus
- Familiar with wireless security, WEP vs. WPA vs. WPA2, PEAP/EAP,
- Experience documenting including configurations, Visio maps, operational procedures and manuals
- Experience with diagnostic and NMS applications such as sniffers and NetFlow or SNMP-based monitoring tools
- Understanding and working knowledge of cryptography such as that used in IPSEC, PKI, X509, RSA, SHA1/SHA256, also certificate standards and usages therein is a plus
- Ability to work with client community to understand business processes in order to determine network requirements
- Ability to work with technical and business analysis community within the organization to define and build required network profiles.
- Administrative knowledge of operating systems: Unix, Linux and Windows
- Advanced understanding of the Authorization Concept for network access and configuration
- Experienced in developing router and switch configurations
- Experienced in working with Network roles
- Experience in Data Center management and operations
- IT/Security audit and compliance experience
- Must have relative experience or knowledge of standard corporate Compliance programs i.e. SOX, NERC CIP, PCI...
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), NERC CIP, and other compliance requirements and implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of scripting and code.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or as a team member
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and the ability to interface effectively with a diverse user community
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science preferred
- Minimum of 10+ year’s network architecture experience
- On-call availability
- Focusing for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
- Occasional inspection of cabling in floors and ceilings
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as systems and peripherals
- Domestic and international travel will be required (up to 10%)
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.