Panasonic- National Sales Manager – Retail & E-commerce
This position includes developing and maintaining some upper management relationships with key strategic targeted accounts and may also have direct sales responsibility for a limited number of strategic targeted accounts. Communication and team management skills are essential parts this position.
What You’ll Get to Do:
STRATEGIES & GOALS, MEASURING & REPORTING
- Define & lead IAQ's Retail & E-commerce specific sales strategies and investments. Assist sales team in developing channel and account-specific action plans to support the overall sales strategy, ensure their implementation and monitor their effectiveness.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and implement improvements for the assigned sales teams whether in the areas of promotions, rebate programs, contract negotiations, merchandising, advertising, adding new channel partners, etc.
- Keep senior leadership abreast of our sales and market position by defining and implementing appropriate monthly/quarterly sales reports on key sales & market metrics, performance indicators, appropriate use of CRM, etc.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development, education, and training of all sales personnel in support of the Retail & E-commerce channels.
- Communicate & Administer Company policies, procedures, initiatives, Sales Bonus, etc in a positive & effective manner
SALES & FINANCIAL METRICS
- Responsible for BP Achievement & Sales Growth for the Retail & E-commerce channels in alignment w/ IAQ Corporate goals.
- Ensure that the Retail & E-commerce sales team is wisely & effectively managing MDF to invest in the growth of their channel / account base.
- Manage all relevant financial aspects of assigned sales group in line w/ IAQ goals including maintaining GP targets, assuring collection ratio & chargebacks, minimizing credit losses & inventory losses.
CUSTOMER / MARKET FOCUS
- Gather precise, insightful, and timely market data in support of the creation of accurate monthly forecasts, and provide the 'Voice of the Customer/Market' for the formulation of the annual BP.
- Manage marketing efforts for Retail & E-commerce sales and liaise with Product Development to exert influence on IAQ's future product development roadmap, especially as relevant to the Retail and E-commerce channels.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of successful sales growth and proven strategy execution selling & merchandising products through the retail (DIY’ers like Home Depot/Lowes) & e-commerce (aka Amazon) channels.
- Preferred to have three years of experience managing a high-performance sales team, preferably in the same Retail & E-commerce channels.
- Broad knowledge of DIY Retail and E-commerce channels, and the accompanying merchandising and advertising strategies necessary to establish growth.
- Preferred to have experience with a product line related to the construction/homebuilding segment, building materials, HVAC, plumbing, or electrical.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Technical field and/or with a Business Administration major)
- Ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics
- Some familiarity w/ US local building codes and future trends is helpful
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following traits:
- Reputation for consistently delivering high performance, but with impeccable integrity & ethical standards, and a lead-by-example attitude.
- Proven problem solving and negotiation skills, and sound business acumen.
- Self-motivated, conscientious, and solid work ethic. Proactive, action and results oriented; operates with a sense of urgency
- Detail oriented, organized, innovative, and able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PPT), skill with Sales Force preferable
- 30-40% travel required
- Carry sample product and merchandizing displays into and out of customer locations & trade shows, carry and deliver for shipment load/unload from car/van occasionally. Typically, able to carry 40lbs by self.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.