Panasonic – National Sales Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Lead, coach, train and motivate a nationwide team by working alongside direct reports in the field calling on key channel partners, with the goal of developing sales pipeline and generating revenue with Security Surveillance products and solutions.
- Establish vision, create business plans for new solutions within key verticals, set strategic direction throughout fiscal year to ensure achievement of goals.
- Provides timely, accurate & complete reports to management on progress and state of team’s activities.
- Engages and leverages effective relationships with internal resources and industry partners to create opportunities and drive further adoption of Panasonic products in the marketplace.
- Oversee and manage team implementing programs from initiation through delivery, assuring the right internal resources, technical or business are aligned to support the team’s success.
- Establish and execute on a comprehensive National strategy utilizing all channel resources; A&E, Integrators, MR Firms, and Distribution partners to establish quality and effective field representation.
- Target strategic end users within each territory, leveraging the success Panasonic has with current large accounts in key vertical markets.
- Establishes guidelines and expected levels of performance for direct reports and is dedicated to communicating, reinforcing, measuring, enforcing, and taking action where necessary to ensure the highest level of employee performance.
- Provides accountabilities and objectives for each direct report that clearly outlines performance expectations. Updates and communicates enhancements to accountabilities and objectives as required.
- Regularly accompanies direct reports on account visits with the purpose of providing support, leadership, and education. Provides immediate feedback to direct reports as required relative to their performance.
- Provides annual training opportunities to all direct reports to enhance individual skill levels and performance.
- Regularly monitors the progress of each direct report, effectively and promptly communicates opportunities for improvement and assists direct reports in creating their individual territory or go to market plans.
- Delegates authority to encourage personal growth and identifies and develops future management from their team.
- Responsible for achievement of team business plan through execution of plan and control of expenditures.
- Determine what trade shows and vertical business functions the team needs to attend, and keep within detailed vertical market budget
- Meets with product team and supervisor to discuss partnerships, products and services needed for expansion of sales revenue
- Position requires a mid to high level of Excel and PowerPoint due to all the business analytics and presentations required of the job.
- Always on the lookout for potential solutions Panasonic can create to make our organization more powerful in the specific vertical market.
- Must understand and be proficient in current CRM tools, and be able to teach and coach entire team on its usage.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing or a related discipline.
- 5-8 years successful sales engagement experience in the Security Surveillance market with manufacturer reps, distribution, reseller, A&E firms, and key end users,
- Strong leadership skills. Previous experience managing a remote team in a channel environment is beneficial
- Seasoned experienced sales professional with an understanding of the complete IP security solution, including hardware, software (including analytics) and professional services.
- Must have a solid understanding of business, financials, markets and the needs of resellers and customers
- Ability to articulate the partner ecosystem value proposition and align it with Panasonic’s business objectives.
- Strong communicative, interpersonal and negotiating skills required.
- Strong written and verbal skills required to effectively communicate with all levels (up to the CIO level), PSSNA HQ Operations, Customers, Resellers, Sales, and other internal shared services resources.
- 75% travel
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.