Panasonic – National Sales Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The National Sales Manager is responsible for leading and managing the strategic and tactical activities of the Public Sector and Utility Mobility Team. The primary goal is to establish vision and business plan towards the implementation, development and execution of sales in the Public Sector and Utility vertical. The overall goal of the position is to grow sales and solutions of handheld, tablet, laptop, and software products to Public Sector and Utility customers and partners.
- Lead, coach, train and motivate team by working alongside direct reports in the field calling on top end user, reseller, and partner accounts with ultimate goal of developing sales pipeline and revenue with mobility products and solutions.
- Establish vision, create business plans for new solutions within the vertical, set strategic direction and ensure adjustments to plan as necessary throughout fiscal year to ensure achievement of goals.
- Provides timely, accurate & complete reports to management on progress and state of team’s activities
- Engages and leverages effective relationships with internal resources and industry partners to create opportunities and drive further adoption of Panasonic solutions in the marketplace
- Oversee and manage team implementing programs from initiation through delivery, assuring the right internal resources, technical or business are aligned to support the team’s success
- Establishes guidelines and expected levels of performance for direct reports and is dedicated to communicating, reinforcing, measuring, enforcing, and taking action where necessary to ensure the highest level of employee performance.
- Provides accountabilities and objectives for each direct report that clearly outlines performance expectations. Updates and communicates enhancements to accountabilities and objectives as required.
- Regularly accompanies direct reports on account visits with the purpose of providing support, leadership, and education. Provides immediate feedback to direct reports as required relative to their performance.
- Provides annual training opportunities to all direct reports in an effort to enhance individual skill levels and performance.
- Regularly monitors the progress of each direct report, effectively and promptly communicates opportunities for improvement and assists direct reports in creating their individual territory or go to market plans.
- Delegates authority to encourage personal growth and identifies and develops future management from their team
- Responsible for achievement of team business plan through execution of plan and control of expenditures.
- Responsible for owning the mobility ecosystem, and working with the channel team, product management and vertical sales teams to generate overall growth in the mobility space
- Must be the “go to expert” at Panasonic for communicating the partner ecosystem message as it relates to handheld and tablet markets
- Determine what trade shows and vertical business functions the team needs to attend, and keep within detailed vertical market budget
- Meets with product team and supervisor to discuss partnerships, products and services needed for expansion of sales revenue
- Position requires a mid to high level of Excel and PowerPoint due to all the business analytics and presentations required of the job.
- Always on the lookout for potential solutions Panasonic can create to make our organization more powerful in the specific vertical market.
- Must have an understanding of and be proficient in current CRM tools, and be able to teach and coach entire team on its usage.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing or a related discipline.
- 5-8 years successful sales engagement experience in mobility market with manufacturer, reseller or ISV
- Strong leadership skills. Previous experience managing a remote team in a channel environment
- Seasoned experienced sales professional with an understanding of the mobility market
- Has a solid understanding of business, financials, markets and the needs of ISVs, resellers and customers
- Ability to articulate the partner ecosystem value proposition and align it with Panasonic’s business objectives.
- Strong communicative, interpersonal and negotiating skills required.
- Strong written and verbal skills required to effectively communicate with all levels (up to the CIO level), PSCNA HQ Operations, Customers, Resellers, Sales, and other internal shared services resources
- 75% travel
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.