Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Be part of the Application Services team charged with ensuring a high level of service continuity and reliability across the Panasonic Avionics suite of services. Lead the way in our automation footprint to ensure our streamlined management of our Customer Performance Center server infrastructure.
- Architect key process improvement initiatives to support business continuity and reliability of system infrastructure.
- Assist with architecting application deployment guidelines and processes culminating in the successful execution of the deployment.
- Architect the implementation of server upgrades, maintenance fixes and vendor-supplied patches. Lead policies on how to better provide patch management to our infrastructure.
- Provide on-call 24/7/365 support on production systems, services & infrastructure in the event of emergency circumstances
- Lead design and documentation handoff with Level I, II and Level III Application Engineers
- Automation with Ansible is needed to provide playbooks for common tasks as well as architecting advanced pipelines in a CI/CD fashion.
- Provide highest level escalation response to trouble tickets in a timely fashion and in compliance with NOC/CPC standards.
- Authoring and maintaining applications services technical documentation in ordinance with Panasonic Avionics Corporation standards.
- Develop, diagram, document, and communicate business requirements and procedures to IT staff and management.
What we’re looking for:
- College diploma or university degree with a Technical Major, such as Engineering or Computer Science; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
- 12+ years relevant IT/Development experience, including Network Operations Center and 24/7 call center experience.
- Advanced proficiency with mySQL or MariaDB / Certification a plus.
- Virtualization or AWS Certification a plus.
- Kubernetes / DevOps experience a plus.
- Advanced proficiency of UNIX operating systems administration including Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu & CentOS
- Advanced proficiency of virtualization best practices and fundamentals.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.