We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in C/C++ or Java software development in a Linux environment to help create solutions for our next generation In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Projects include WIFI and cellular access point solutions to enable local IFE video streaming capabilities and global internet connectivity via satellite to passengers utilizing latest development methods and technologies. Will have specific technical project or product responsibility.
Senior Software Engineer
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO IN THIS CRITICAL ROLE:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in C/C++/Java for embedded software development to help create solutions for our next generation In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity systems. Projects include WIFI and cellular access point solutions to enable local IFE video streaming capabilities and global internet connectivity via satellite to passengers utilizing latest development methods and technologies. Will have specific technical project or product responsibility
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Lead a small team of Engineers and Testers
- Plan, design, implement and modify software applications from functional and system design specifications
- Code, integrate, test, troubleshoot, and refine software deliverables to produce highest quality solution that meets the requirements.
- Use object-oriented design methodology in building robust modular software applications.
- Develop software efficiently through Agile Scrum planning and sprints
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency and robustness
- Review, evaluate, and analyze design interfaces
- Prepare, review, and evaluate test plans and procedures
- Assist in definition, analysis and allocation of requirements
- Support system test programs and analyze system testing results
- Maintain the developed software efficiently through familiarity with software lifecycles
- Document designs in engineering documents including functional block diagrams and data/logic flow charts
- Collaborate with multiple development teams
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information System; Master's degree in above disciplines is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated engineering leadership and communication expertise
- Overall 10+ years' experience in Software Engineering with systems development in C/C++/Java
- Agile / Scrum certification or proven experience practicing Agile software development principles is a major plus.
- Must have Experience in developing server-side applications & relevant software modules in C/C++/Java, multi-thread, with expertise in object-oriented development and architecture
- Network programming experience including TCP/UDP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, MQTT, REST, SOAP, JSON, Protobuf is strongly desired.
- Prior experience in network issue investigation using tools such as Wireshark, iperf, ncat, Aircrack-Ng highly desirable.
- Knowledge of 802.11, 3GPP and underlying IETF RFC’s highly desirable.
- Experience with architecture and design of software built from scratch is strongly desired
Other areas of knowledge:
- Must be experienced in developing and debugging in Linux embedded environment
- Proficiency in developing and working with python and bash shell scripting is desired
- Knowledge in version control tools such as SVN, gitlab is desired
- Knowledge in database such as SQLite or NoSQL is desired
- Knowledge in design patterns such as MVP/MVC is desired
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and make efficient use of given resources such as system lab time and downstream process owners and tasks
- Must be able to use expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Must be proficient with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the Software Engineering field
- Must develop solutions to clearly defined problems of diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives, or based on evaluation of identifiable factors
- Proven experience in continuous integration / continuous deployment and test-driven software development
- Who We Are:Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
- What We Value:As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
- Why You Should Join: A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.