Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow passengers access to live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more!
We are looking for a motivated, driven, and collaborative Software Engineer with experience in embedded software development to join and lead a talented team that conducts research, design and development of software running on Linux or Windows OS to power our latest products.
- Design, implement, integrate and verify software applications and tools using C\C++ under Linux and Windows OS
- Enhance, optimize and improve efficiency and robustness of the current software
- Participate in requirements analysis, architecture and design processes
- Create and document system level solutions including Requirements, Interface Control Documents and Detailed Design Documents.
- Collaborate with multiple development teams
- Review, evaluate and analyze test plans and procedures
- Develop, review and optimize mathematical algorithms for digitally controlled radio frequency circuits
- Support system test programs, analyze results and improve overall system quality
- Lead and provide technical guidance to engineers, designers and support personnel
- Lead customer discussions to ensure understanding and communication of the optimal technical solutions and designs
- Architect, review and analyze satellite-based communication and connectivity solutions.
- Provide mentorship, technical expertise, and advanced knowledge source for VSAT antennas for aeronautical applications
- Participate in a complete software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies
- Strong proven experience in C\C++ programming languages
- Deep knowledge and experience in real time multi-threaded embedded software.
- Proven experience in development under Linux.
- Proven experience in socket programing, IPC and PUB/SUB architecture.
- Deep understanding of the networking protocols TCP/UDP/IP/HTTP/SNMP/DHCP/DNS and familiarity with VLANs and basic switching and routing concepts.
- Strong background and experience with satellite networks, antenna systems and related communication protocols: ARINC-429, ARINC-485-1&2 and ARINC 628 Part 1
- Deep understanding and working knowledge with DSP and digital processing algorithms
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities, context switches and make efficient use of shared resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment practicing Agile software development principles.
- Proven experience in continuous integration / continuous deployment and test-driven software development
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshot complex multi-disciplinary systems
- Demonstrated engineering communication expertise including clear and concise written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to take a lead, break down software tasks and mentor less experienced team members.
- Knowledge of latest and greatest C++14/17 and later is desirable
- Experience in C\C++ programming under Windows including GUI is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Electrical Engineering with 12 years of proven experience, Master’s degree is preferred.
- Agile / Scrum certification or proven experience practicing Agile software development principles.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 5% of the time
- Ability to face customer and engage in technical collaboration
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.