Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
What's in it for you:
As a full-time Panasonic Avionics employee, you have the opportunity to work for one of the world's largest and most successful companies, but in a small, self-organized team with the flexibility and creativity similar to a start-up environment. We offer a very competitive base salary + bonus potential + excellent benefits, i.e. health insurance with monthly employee contributions as low as $90/mo. and company matching 401K plan.
Call-to-Action Items: Apply NOW!, Next Steps, Sign-up for Talent Community, Referral Request, Connect with PAC via Social Media
PANASONIC AVIONICS is currently in search of an AVIONICS SYSTEMS ENGINEER for a full-time, direct-hire position based out of corporate headquarters located at 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630.
What you will be doing:
The Avionics System Engineer will be selected to participate in the development of new and/or enhanced wireless / RF product capabilities including requirements definition, modeling & simulation, documentation and communication of requirements, both internally and externally with our customers.
Additional responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Draft / update use cases, system or subsystem requirements, and architecture / configuration for the assigned responsibility area.
- Conduct wireless communication bandwidth performance analysis, measurement, and prediction.
- Working with R&D group to define prototype scenario, and performance parameters.
- Collect field test data, create & fine tune simulation model, and provide performance prediction & constraints.
- Conduct and present trade study as needed - Create & maintain system / subsystem interface definition.
- Participate in project design reviews to ensure design meets intended requirements.
- Review test plans / cases to ensure requirement traceability
- Support customer proposal & program as needed - Interface with internal / external stakeholders (ex. Developers, OEM, customers, etc.) to ensure technical solution meets requirements.
- Manage requirement and architecture changes process - Ensure product meets applicable industry (FAA / FCC / etc.) standard.
- 7+ Years of relevant experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (BSCS, BSEE, Etc.).
- Ability to travel as requested.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.