Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is developing a next generation platform that provides well-defined capabilities and services which reduce costs, allows the Inflight Entertainment and Communications (IFEC) ecosystem of PAC and Airline developers and third parties to quickly build applications, and integrate services to improve the passenger experience and generate additional revenue for airlines and Panasonic. As part of the Platform project, PAC will reassess and re-design the low-level networking infrastructure to align with the provisioning of Virtualization designs.
We are looking for a motivated, driven, and collaborative Software Engineer with experience in embedded software development to join a talented team that conducts research, design and development of software running on Linux to power our latest products.
This position allows for hybrid remote working up to 50% of the time.
- Designs, modifies, and implements complex software network solutions from functional and system design specifications.
- Codes, integrates, tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce IFE network solutions.
- Develops software tools and subsystems to support software development, test, and reuse, and manages implementation for projects requiring extensive investigation and clarification.
- Enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency and robustness.
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes system designs and interfaces.
- Prepares, reviews, and evaluates interface documentation, specifications, test plans and procedures.
- Assists in definition, analysis, and allocation of requirements.
- Documents designs in engineering documents including functional block diagrams and data/logic flow charts.
- Maintains the developed software efficiently through familiarity with software lifecycles.
- Provides leadership and/or technical guidance to lower-level engineers, designers and support personnel as assigned.
- Strong proven experience in C/C++ or Go programming languages
- Experience using Kubernetes orchestration platforms, containers, and Container Network Interface (CNI) plugins
- Experience in multi-threaded embedded software development.
- Proven experience in development under Linux.
- Proven experience in socket programing, IPC and PUB/SUB architecture.
- Understanding of the networking protocols TCP/UDP/IP/HTTP/HTTPS/DHCP/DNS, etc.
- Familiar with Linux iptables, IP routing, VLAN
- Ability to resolve complex problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with user-centric, iterative design and development cycles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and make efficient use of given resources such as system lab time and downstream process owners and tasks.
- Experience in leading and/or providing technical guidance to other engineers.
- Uses skills as a seasoned experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Demonstrated engineering communication expertise including concise written and verbal skills is a must.
- Familiarity with network security methodologies a plus.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree is desired.
- 3+ years of related networking development experience. (VLAN, IPTables/firewall)
- 2+ years of experience using Kubernetes orchestration platforms (e.g. k8s, k3s, Rancher, consul, openshift).
- 3+ years of experience working with Agile Scrum software development processes.
- 5+ years of experience with Container and Virtual Machine architectures (e.g. KVM, containerd, Docker, LXC).
- 5+ years of current hands-on development experience with one of the following: C/C++, Go.
- 2+ years of experience desired using open source CNI implementations desirable (e.g. Flannel/cannel, Calico)
- May require travel up to 5% of the time to domestic and/or international locations.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status. protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.