Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) in-flight entertainment and communications systems that allow passengers access to live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more!
We are looking for a motivated, driven, and collaborative Software Engineer with experience in embedded software development to join a talented team that conducts research, design and development of software running on Linux or Android OS to power our latest products.
- Design, Implement, and maintain a software-based testing framework that supports hardware unit environment, and qualification testing
- Enhance, optimize and improve efficiency and robustness of the existing software framework, which was developed in C/C++ and shell scripting
- Participate in requirements analysis, architecture and design processes
- Collaborate with multiple development and test teams
- Review, evaluate and analyze test plans and procedures
- Support system test programs, analyze results and improve overall system quality
- Participate in a complete software development life-cycle using Agile methodologies
- Strong proven experience in C\C++ programming and scripting languages
- Knowledge and experience in real time multi-threaded embedded software
- Proven experience in development under Linux
- Proven experience in socket programming, IPC and PUB/SUB architecture.
- Working knowledge of the basic networking protocols TCP/UDP/IP and familiarity with VLANs and basic switching and routing concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities, context switches and make efficient use of shared resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with user-centered, iterative design and development process
- Demonstrated engineering communication expertise including clear and concise written and verbal skills
KNOWLEDGE/ DESIRED SKILLS
- Working knowledge of the Software Agile methodology and in practicing Scrum
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in Software Engineering to include the following:
- Knowledge of latest and greatest C++ and later
- Experience in Android development
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 5% of the time
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.